Some insider info...maybe (1 Viewer)

It doesn’t matter what payton is dreaming about. This is all nonsense. They had 3 years worth of SB caliber teams and decided to wet the bed.
2017 marcus William's makes the dumbiest decision in playoff history. 2018 saints get screwed by the worst no call in league history, but yeah they crapped the bed.

Come back to this thread when we sign Brees to that same 2 year $50 million deal as last time.

Fact.

Have some common sense people.

You mean like how Payton was going to take Mahomes three years ago?

Payton has been planning for Brees’ departure for a long time. Maybe that time isn’t here yet. But to think it’s outlandish or not “common sense” ignores Payton’s recent actions.

Thanks for the info

If we are going to roll with Taysom, we have to draft a QB with a similar skill set.

That’s the brilliance of what Baltimore has done. Last year, Lamar Jackson was running Flacco’s offense with some packages designed for him that expanded after he won the job.

This year? The Ravens committed to an offense with a dynamic QB and made sure they had RG3 and McSorley as their backups. That way, you don’t have to change the offense if Jackson gets hurt.

Might be Jalen Hurts...

Saints may be able to trade down, get Hurts in the 2nd and get another good pick.

You mean like how Payton was going to take Mahomes three years ago?

Payton has been planning for Brees’ departure for a long time. Maybe that time isn’t here yet. But to think it’s outlandish or not “common sense” ignores Payton’s recent actions.
I never said that. I actually didn't know anything about Mahomes back then. I was surprised someone drafted a system QB from Texas Tech. Obviously he was much more than that.

Thanks for sharing the information. This will be a surprising, perhaps shocking, off-season. I do not see Bridgewater coming back. Brees cannot play at a high level for two more years--his physical limitations have become apparent. Little else would surprise me.

Last edited:
I never said that. I actually didn't know anything about Mahomes back then. I was surprised someone drafted a system QB from Texas Tech. Obviously he was much more than that.

I mean Payton was absolutely going to take Mahomes. Everyone knew it. So did Andy Reid, which is why he traded up.

The point is that Payton has been planning for post-Brees life for a long time. All the way back to Garrett Grayson. To say that it’s lacking “common sense” to suggest that he’d move in now is a bit presumptuous.

So according to an article on the front page of SR

"If Drew Brees decides to walk away from the New Orleans Saints and sign another contract this year, the Saints are still going to owe Drew Brees $21.3 million next year even though he would currently be on another team. The Saints would also take a cap hit for it.

If Drew Brees decides to stay, the New Orleans Saints will be required to pay Brees the $21.3 million in addition to whatever current contract he would sign. "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom