Some insider info...maybe (1 Viewer)

I’d have a backup plan

Still not a certainty that Baltimore with what they did this year with Jackson won’t get figured out and they won’t have to pivot in another direction.

AndHill had a lot of injuries in college playing every down with his reckless abandon.

It’s beautiful to watch but risky to hang the whole offense on.

Tennessee seems to have figured it out tonight.

I’d have a backup plan

Still not a certainty that Baltimore with what they did this year with Jackson won’t get figured out and they won’t have to pivot in another direction.

AndHill had a lot of injuries in college playing every down with his reckless abandon.

It’s beautiful to watch but risky to hang the whole offense on.
Yeah, if Taysom is the starter, I think we see a different player than the one trucking DBs.

Drew Brees needs a prove it deal?

hahahahahahaha

come on man that guy doesn't know anything. pure speculation.

So according to an article on the front page of SR

"If Drew Brees decides to walk away from the New Orleans Saints and sign another contract this year, the Saints are still going to owe Drew Brees $21.3 million next year even though he would currently be on another team. The Saints would also take a cap hit for it.

If Drew Brees decides to stay, the New Orleans Saints will be required to pay Brees the $21.3 million in addition to whatever current contract he would sign. "
The 21.3 mil has already been paid to Brees as a signing bonus. It just hasn't been charged to the cap yet. The team doesn't owe him a penny at this time.

Brees has a cap hit of $21/M if he is cut or retires. It goes down to $16/M if he is on the team. I hope Teddy Stays and plays this year for $16/M so we are only paying mid-30's for the QB position.

Doesn’t matter if Payton says we won’t pay Drew twenty million next year or not because we will. There is a twenty million dollar sign bonus can that has already been kicked there and waiting
And Brees will still count 21.3 million in dead cap money. Brees one more year, but I'm hoping we see more Taysom. I agree that Teddy will be gone.

Yeah. This IS a grain of salt. I can ask anybody and get that same response. I can ask a Dallas fan about it and that’s probably what they would say. Nothing to see here.
that's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions:unsure:

Please take with a grain of salt. I ran into a guy at an airport today and he saw my saints hat and we started chatting. He claimed to be a pr rep for retired nfl guys amd had a couple of former saints and any other nfl guys as his clients. We started talking saints qb situation etc. He said that taysom is saints future qb and that the saints and payton envision a Baltimore south offense with taysom as their Lamar Jackson and he will be a steal contract wise. He said teddy is gone amd will sign a big enough contract somewhere that we will get a 3rd round compensation pick. As far as brees he said the saints and payton wont pay brees another 20 plus million contract and the only way we resing him is a prove it incentive laden deal.

Please take with a grain of salt. I do t want to drop names but he certainly seemed connected and knew his saints players some of which he represents. Dont wanna say who just for anonymity sake.
I can believe it. But did you google his name to help validate his credentials and possible connections?

Prove it deal? Are you kidding me? If that happened to Brees I'll never root for this organization ever again for being that disrespectful to a QB coming off arguably his best season ever.

Total and utter garbage you heard today my friend.

That dude you talked to is a fraud.
You know absolutely nothing about the guy. But again. The poster did say....take it with a grain of salt. But I would not doubt it, or take it as fact. NO ONE KNOWS, outside of the Saints brain trust, what the Saints will do. Do not be so quick to the draw, to dispel something.

As far as brees he said the saints and payton wont pay brees another 20 plus million contract and the only way we resing him is a prove it incentive laden deal.
That would be a huge insult and slap in the face to a HOFer. What does he have to prove? I can understand a reasonable contract with incentives, but not a prove it deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom