Some insider info...maybe (1 Viewer)

I liked the OP. Properly qualified, and presented. This is why message boards are fun....or at least can be.

We weren't ready for our playoff game, so now speculation is pretty much all we have for a few weeks. So it goes.

Yep. That's how you do speculative info.

Please take with a grain of salt. I ran into a guy at an airport today and he saw my saints hat and we started chatting. He claimed to be a pr rep for retired nfl guys amd had a couple of former saints and any other nfl guys as his clients. We started talking saints qb situation etc. He said that taysom is saints future qb and that the saints and payton envision a Baltimore south offense with taysom as their Lamar Jackson and he will be a steal contract wise. He said teddy is gone amd will sign a big enough contract somewhere that we will get a 3rd round compensation pick. As far as brees he said the saints and payton wont pay brees another 20 plus million contract and the only way we resing him is a prove it incentive laden deal.

Please take with a grain of salt. I do t want to drop names but he certainly seemed connected and knew his saints players some of which he represents. Dont wanna say who just for anonymity sake.

Makes sense, I tweeted yesterday that Payton/Loomis are posturing with the Franchise QB statement...which is different from saying he’s our “future QB” which I don’t doubt.

It’s a direct shot at Drew and his agent aka..we’re comfy if you don’t come back or want too much money - but well welcome you back with open arms on our terms

Game on

He’s exactly right.

We will get a comp pick for Teddy AND Peat unless we decide to sign other big $ UFAs which balance it out
Once Brees's deal expires on March 17 he becomes a UFA so wouldn't signing him again hamper our ability to get a comp pick even if Teddy gets $20 and Peat gets $10? Especially if we sign some vets to fill holes too.

I really believe, in conjunction with Brees’ evaluation of how he physically feels in the next 30 days, is how the Saints value him, as far as money. I think Drew will want a 1 year deal around 28 million. And if the Saints do not see fit to pay, it will be a quiet walk into the sunset for Drew! JMO. And then comes Taysom. Teddy will not be in the Saints long term plans, because of the money he will command and the number of young players the Saints need to pay.

My guess (just a guess I have no inside sources) is the decision has already been made. Just looking at Brees’ actions at the end of the year he seemed to be guy trying to take it all in. Then there was Russell Wilson letting Brees start in the Pro Bowl (of course you let the future HoFer playing in his last organized football game start). Yes, the Saints season ended in a thud but I’m not sure that will be enough to bring Brees back. I think his thumb injury made him realize he was one play away from struggling to play with his kids or worse.

Why the delay then? It lets other guys retire (Eli), builds media suspense (will he or won’t he), and puts Brees in the spotlight for everyone to celebrate his career. Brees as one of the all time greats has earned a big send off that is the lead story in all sportsmedia. Not just a quick mention at the bottom of each sports page. His agent and marketing team were probably the people who came up with the plan. Think about - it’s before the draft so it would allow the Saints to pick a QB, NCAA and NFL football will be over, it’s a few weeks after the Super Bowl so the post game uproar will have died down, it’s before March madness, basically a sports dead zone - the perfect time for a sports hero to get the recognition he deserves.

That would be a huge insult and slap in the face to a HOFer. What does he have to prove?
That he can still play at a high level at the age of 41? I think all of us have to come to the realization that the Saints will be moving on and so will Brees, either this year or next. All great things come to an end.

Anyone who thinks Hill can run a Jackson offense is deluding themselves. He wouldn't last 4 games out there before he was hauled out on a cart. Jackson will last a little longer, he doesn't try to truck people. If you really like your QB as a passer, don't run him in designed run plays. Let Taysom scramble to extend plays, and for goshsakes, make him SLIDE.

Anyone who thinks Hill can run a Jackson offense is deluding themselves. He wouldn't last 4 games out there before he was hauled out on a cart. Jackson will last a little longer, he doesn't try to truck people. If you really like your QB as a passer, don't run him in designed run plays. Let Taysom scramble to extend plays, and for goshsakes, make him SLIDE.
Exactly! The TH you know now is a Payton luxury that is expendable meaning the offense does not shut down if he is out. TH as your starting QB or your franchise QB is no longer expendable in Paytons offense and thus would not be the same TH you know now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom