Video Some level headed comments about Taysom/Bronco game.. (1 Viewer)

Who won the game?
Who won yesterday’s game and why? The opposing team had more to do with it than the Saints team. A good QB on the opposing team, and the Saints may have barely eeked out that game the way Hill played from the passing perspective.

Last edited:
I disagree with his comments about Winston. While yes, he threw a lot of interceptions with Tampa, he has started and been under pressure in more games and has won many games. People also have to remember that Winston did not have a great offensive line either while he was there which forced him to throw bad or get sacked. Look how many interceptions Brady is throwing with Arians as coach. I'm just saying, I think Arians was the problem with Winston.

Yes, all we need to do is win while Drew is out, but I have not seen anything that blows my mind out of the water that Taysom should be starting. Winston came into a game with no preparation (threw no interceptions and drove down the field to lead to a TD) and Hill has had two full preparations and we are just lucky Denver didn't have a QB. At 30 years old, I prefer Taysom as the gadget player because that sparks our offense. Him full time as QB doesn't cut it.

Big props to our defense for doing their job, but honestly, they only had to defend the run. People look at the score, but Denver had a zero chance on offense to even remotely make the defense sweat.

He wasn't knocking Winston. He was just saying that turning the ball over was the absolute only way you could have given Denver a shot in that game so it wasn't a good one to find out how over it he is

He wasn't knocking Winston. He was just saying that turning the ball over was the absolute only way you could have given Denver a shot in that game so it wasn't a good one to find out how over it he is

When has Winston turned over the ball with the Saints? Hill on the other hand has had 3 or 4 or more this season?

I get what he's trying to do, but saying that you don't use games like Denver to evaluate the future is just completely off base. Of course you do. That's exactly what you do. To say that he needs an offseason, he's had three. There was too much apologist in his tone. Just give me the straight truth no matter which way it cuts. Hill does great, say he does and show why. Hill does terrible, say he does and show why. Explain from a scouting, coaching and GM perspective of why these issues matter on either side.

Everyone realizes the team is using Hill as a stopgap in 2020 for Brees. That is not mutually exclusive from evaluating him for 2021.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom