Some nations ground 737 Max 8 planes after second catastrophic crash in five months (2 Viewers)

I know that.

So are you saying it's ok the FAA prioritizes having enough field office people to harrass me but not enough to properly certify the most produced passenger jet in the world? I'm not saying they weren't stripped of a budget. I'm not saying they aren't short on people. I am absolutely saying that looks like really poor prioritization of funds. I'm really not kidding when I say that I've had more contact with the FAA about a single legal drone flight than the pilot being charged had with the FAA on the MCAS. It's actually not even close. I've had three different "investigations" on three different drone flights that have involved more communication this year alone. All three were legal flights, cleared of wrong doing. I've had another half dozen phone calls for other flights. I have competitors that think it's funny to anonymously report my drone flights as illegal or unlicensed. They don't get punished for false reports but I get caught up in FAA red tape several times a year. Meanwhile, the guy certifying a critical flight component on a passenger jet that carries 25M people a year globally does so by asking a two sentence question and got a one sentence response for certification of the MCAS. Yep, it gets me fired up.

I'm not saying the pilot wasn't guilty. I'm simply saying there is a lot of blame to go around and only one person being charged.

I'll pose the question once again.
The answer to your question is "yes".

I know that.

So are you saying it's ok the FAA prioritizes having enough field office people to harrass me but not enough to properly certify the most produced passenger jet in the world? I'm not saying they weren't stripped of a budget. I'm not saying they aren't short on people. I am absolutely saying that looks like really poor prioritization of funds. I'm really not kidding when I say that I've had more contact with the FAA about a single legal drone flight than the pilot being charged had with the FAA on the MCAS. It's actually not even close. I've had three different "investigations" on three different drone flights that have involved more communication this year alone. All three were legal flights, cleared of wrong doing. I've had another half dozen phone calls for other flights. I have competitors that think it's funny to anonymously report my drone flights as illegal or unlicensed. They don't get punished for false reports but I get caught up in FAA red tape several times a year. Meanwhile, the guy certifying a critical flight component on a passenger jet that carries 25M people a year globally does so by asking a two sentence question and got a one sentence response for certification of the MCAS. Yep, it gets me fired up.

I'm not saying the pilot wasn't guilty. I'm simply saying there is a lot of blame to go around and only one person being charged.

I'll pose the question once again.
Agree with you overall. I think we were just pointing out that people doesn't mean qualified people.

Speaking of which, the transportation dept IG just put the FAA and AAL on blast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom