Some NFL teams notify season-ticket holders they can decline to buy for '20 and retain their seats for '21 (2 Viewers)

NOLAaustin

High Priest of WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if there is an option to apply your money from this year to next year. My question to you, or anyone else would be. Why let your money stay in the hands of the Saints without earning interest on YOUR money? Just take the full refund, IF they still allow you to retain your rights for the 2021 season, which I do not know is for certain, with the Saints.
Thanks Super44, I guess I was already assuming they weren't going to be giving us a refund for this year and would instead force us to apply it to the next season. I've heard this is happening with concerts and festivals which I know is completely different.

But I agree with you..I would much rather keep my money and use it for the following year than let them keep it

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If they make the offer for me to get a refund and retain my rights for 2021 and beyond, I'll jump on that. Barring some wonderful discovery of a COVID treatment, I don't see myself and wife attending games this year.

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have 4 seats total, I ended up letting 2 go. There's just too much uncertainty.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't allow refunds without the loss of our seats next year. Wouldn't business interruption insurance cover the loss of revenue if there are no fans, even if games are played?

SHOE21

Channel Rat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am 66 yrs. old and have a compromised immune system. I asked my rep if I could pay for and retain my tickets but “give up my seats” and not go this year, then apply the payment to next year. He said no, you must either purchase and keep them or give them up. He emphasized that if you give them up you’re giving them up for life or basically you have to go to the back of the waiting list. I gave them up. Very sad, I have had season tickets for over 30 years (with 1 break in ownership between two moves out of state). I live in Austin TX now and have been driving 16 hours, round trip, for the games I could make with my son. A great tradition has now ended. But, I will be a SAINTS fan forever. Who Dat!

Saviorbrees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am 66 yrs. old and have a compromised immune system. I asked my rep if I could pay for and retain my tickets but “give up my seats” and not go this year, then apply the payment to next year. He said no, you must either purchase and keep them or give them up. He emphasized that if you give them up you’re giving them up for life or basically you have to go to the back of the waiting list. I gave them up. Very sad, I have had season tickets for over 30 years (with 1 break in ownership between two moves out of state). I live in Austin TX now and have been driving 16 hours, round trip, for the games I could make with my son. A great tradition has now ended. But, I will be a SAINTS fan forever. Who Dat!
this pisses me off so badly...

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if there is an option to apply your money from this year to next year. My question to you, or anyone else would be. Why let your money stay in the hands of the Saints without earning interest on YOUR money? Just take the full refund, IF they still allow you to retain your rights for the 2021 season, which I do not know is for certain, with the Saints.
I can see the team saying let them keep the money this year and you “lock in” the 2021 season at 2020 prices. Because if there are no fans in 2020, and even worse no season at all, you know ticket prices are getting jacked next year to make up for lost revenue.
I would let them keep my money as long as I get a 100% credit for 2021 season tickets. I have a feeling 20-30% increases happen for next year.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
I paid in full. Not exactly in the same boat as you are, but close. There is ZERO chance that my wife and I will go to a game this year. NONE, won't happen. I think if the Saints force us to "pay" this year for a season where we would have to attend games or "lose" the value of our seats.....I think that would be the very last penny the Saints would ever get from us.

(Absent some vaccine miracle, no way we go this year.). I had to put that caveat in there, because I think there's a chance.

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
And again....not a single peep from the Saints organization about any of this, except for notices that our payments are due
The Saints have already said you can get a refund for any game not played or that is played without fans. Maybe not what you want to here, but I wouldn’t call it silence.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
I paid in full. Not exactly in the same boat as you are, but close. There is ZERO chance that my wife and I will go to a game this year. NONE, won't happen. I think if the Saints force us to "pay" this year for a season where we would have to attend games or "lose" the value of our seats.....I think that would be the very last penny the Saints would ever get from us.

(Absent some vaccine miracle, no way we go this year.). I had to put that caveat in there, because I think there's a chance.
same boat here. Completely agree.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I expect the league to formulate in the next month a policy that will apply to all 32 teams regarding season-ticket sales. Absent a vaccine this year, which seems sadly extremely unlikely, I will not attend any games of any kind. (And given the spikes that are surfacing in parts of the country, I am going to correct some less than diligent habits over the past few weeks.) The league will be addressing this issue shortly.

Finally, I wonder about our ownership's financial state. Gayle Benson does not have the type of money some owners have. However, the Saints have relatively little debt and are fortunately not servicing the debt on a new stadium.

Craigj

I'm need about TREE FITTY
Reaction score
They shouldn't have made us pay the final invoice until an official announcement about the upcoming season. This would have been a fair compromise. If they make us pay for preseason games this year, I'm out. No way should they put everyone at risk for some meaningless games and make the season ticket holders pay for it.

NOLAaustin

High Priest of WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints have already said you can get a refund for any game not played or that is played without fans. Maybe not what you want to here, but I wouldn’t call it silence.
That’s great to hear. Was this an official communication from the team or something you heard from a ticket rep?

LogeEndZone

All-Pro
Reaction score
In 2005, the choice was given to get an 80% refund (since the two preseason games were already played) or to hold a credit for 2006. Back then I chose to let them keep the credit with the idea that if enough people did that, maybe the team wouldn't move to San Antonio like Benson was threatening. Very different scenario then, but there is a precedent of the Saints allowing refunds to ticket holders.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
Michael Stanfield was my Season Ticket holder Account Rep WAY WAY back in time. I used to talk to him on the phone often and emailed him before. He probably doesn't remember me, but maybe he does. We chatted many times, long before he got in his current job and I met him at the old Saints facility. I am getting close to reaching out to him directly, not sure if he would respond, but I sure don't want to have to pay for some "trial balloon" pre-season games with fans just to have the rules change afterward once they figure out that fans won't work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Complex Kid NFL reading room: 32 teams, 32 book recommendations Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Andrus What NFL teams best prepared to lose a QB to coronavirus? Ranking 1-32 | Saints’ Jameis Winston or Cowboys’ Andy Dalton No. 1? SR News Page Articles 0
Colin Kaepernick teams up with RFK Human Rights to support community bail funds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Why the 2020 season is crucial for Drew Brees’ legacy with the Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints continue to communicate with season ticket holders about 2020 season SR News Page Articles 0
Saints offer fans options to defer season tickets, receive refunds for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints offer season ticket holders refunds and the option to skip using their 2020 tickets Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints allow season ticket holders to opt out of 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
As NFL season rapidly approaches, NFL showing no urgency to deal with COVID-19 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Delay the season and shorten it to 13 games idea Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Dan in Lafayette 2020 New Orleans Saints Team Outlook: Overcoming Bad Beats For Another Playoff-Bound Season SR News Page Articles 0
Zack Lee Hanna season 2. (prime) Everything Else Board 24
BobE LSU receives 3 championship rings after perfect season Collegiate Sports Board 4
RedJem Email for Season ticket holders coming soon Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 65
tomwaits Do you think there will be a 2020 season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Nolaboy1970 Saints Saints 2009 season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Scary Info on Why the Season May Not Take Place - from a Claimed Insider Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 144
How many regular season games will the NFL have in 2020? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Lattimore NFL If/when the 2020 season is cancelled... what happens? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
New Orleans Pelicans will scrimmage Brooklyn, Denver, Milwaukee before season resumes in Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints D-line coach says Marcus Davenport 'definitely has room to get better' even after strong second season SR News Page Articles 0
NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem beginning in 2020 season: AP Source Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Question??? Will the Uncertainty of the Season Impact Player Conditioning and Injuries? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Dan in Lafayette Saints WR Tre'Quan Smith is primed for a breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0