Some NFL teams notify season-ticket holders they can decline to buy for '20 and retain their seats for '21 (1 Viewer)

In 2005, the choice was given to get an 80% refund (since the two preseason games were already played) or to hold a credit for 2006. Back then I chose to let them keep the credit with the idea that if enough people did that, maybe the team wouldn't move to San Antonio like Benson was threatening. Very different scenario then, but there is a precedent of the Saints allowing refunds to ticket holders.

Michael Stanfield was my Season Ticket holder Account Rep WAY WAY back in time. I used to talk to him on the phone often and emailed him before. He probably doesn't remember me, but maybe he does. We chatted many times, long before he got in his current job and I met him at the old Saints facility. I am getting close to reaching out to him directly, not sure if he would respond, but I sure don't want to have to pay for some "trial balloon" pre-season games with fans just to have the rules change afterward once they figure out that fans won't work.

Michael Stanfield was my Season Ticket holder Account Rep WAY WAY back in time. I used to talk to him on the phone often and emailed him before. He probably doesn't remember me, but maybe he does. We chatted many times, long before he got in his current job and I met him at the old Saints facility. I am getting close to reaching out to him directly, not sure if he would respond, but I sure don't want to have to pay for some "trial balloon" pre-season games with fans just to have the rules change afterward once they figure out that fans won't work.

Stanfield was great! I chatted him up many times as well. He is a very "old school" ticket rep/sales guy.
He was the person who talked me into keeping my season tickets in 05'-06'.

Not sure if there is an option to apply your money from this year to next year. My question to you, or anyone else would be. Why let your money stay in the hands of the Saints without earning interest on YOUR money? Just take the full refund, IF they still allow you to retain your rights for the 2021 season, which I do not know is for certain, with the Saints.
That’s what they did for the 2006 season. You could get your money back or apply it to 2007.

The Saints have already said you can get a refund for any game not played or that is played without fans. Maybe not what you want to here, but I wouldn’t call it silence.

That's not the same as what people are saying. Clearly there are some individuals, including myself, with health issues who should not be in attendance in the Dome if fans are allowed without some type of vaccine available. What you are posting mentions nothing about this.

A bit of an apples to oranges comparison since the Giants have PSL’s which the Saints do not.
Still boils down to whether or not, you want your TICKET money refunded. You can still retain your PSL, since it was paid for well upfront. Season tickets are paid for yearly. Not really an issue, as I see it. If you are a season ticket holder, with a PSL, such as with the with Giants, you retain your PSL, but get a refund on your tickets. Especially, since there will be no fans anyway.

If they make the offer for me to get a refund and retain my rights for 2021 and beyond, I'll jump on that. Barring some wonderful discovery of a COVID treatment, I don't see myself and wife attending games this year.
BINGEAUX!

I am 66 yrs. old and have a compromised immune system. I asked my rep if I could pay for and retain my tickets but “give up my seats” and not go this year, then apply the payment to next year. He said no, you must either purchase and keep them or give them up. He emphasized that if you give them up you’re giving them up for life or basically you have to go to the back of the waiting list. I gave them up. Very sad, I have had season tickets for over 30 years (with 1 break in ownership between two moves out of state). I live in Austin TX now and have been driving 16 hours, round trip, for the games I could make with my son. A great tradition has now ended. But, I will be a SAINTS fan forever. Who Dat!
Very sad and wrong approach by the Saints! You should have done like I did. Put them up for sale with Seatgeek! That way, you get your money back, plus. AND you retain your rights. Now if the season is a no go, or a go without fans, you can then get refunded. I cannot see the NFL allowing teams to hold people’s money for a year, without paying the ticket holder interest on the money. Then let's say, they end up not playing again next year, or playing without fans? When do season ticket holders get their money back?

I paid in full. Not exactly in the same boat as you are, but close. There is ZERO chance that my wife and I will go to a game this year. NONE, won't happen. I think if the Saints force us to "pay" this year for a season where we would have to attend games or "lose" the value of our seats.....I think that would be the very last penny the Saints would ever get from us.

(Absent some vaccine miracle, no way we go this year.). I had to put that caveat in there, because I think there's a chance.
Same boat here. I reluctantly renewed but I have health condition. So I'm not going to games, as things stand. I'm completely uncomfortable going with the idea of Covid and packing the dome with 70k plus people. I love the Saints but it's not worth the risk. Hopefully, I can sell my tickets if games are played as normal.

Very sad and wrong approach by the Saints! You should have done like I did. Put them up for sale with Seatgeek! That way, you get your money back, plus. AND you retain your rights.

Which is a great plan in theory. However, if they have the games and no one feels comfortable going, who is going to buy your ticket on seatgeek? And some people have tickets that don't resale well if at all, in a normal market with lots of demand.

The Saints have already said you can get a refund for any game not played or that is played without fans. Maybe not what you want to here, but I wouldn’t call it silence.

So they'll make us pay for the meaningless preseason games. Then when a couple people get Covid they'll give us a refund on the real games.

I am 66 yrs. old and have a compromised immune system. I asked my rep if I could pay for and retain my tickets but “give up my seats” and not go this year, then apply the payment to next year. He said no, you must either purchase and keep them or give them up. He emphasized that if you give them up you’re giving them up for life or basically you have to go to the back of the waiting list. I gave them up. Very sad, I have had season tickets for over 30 years (with 1 break in ownership between two moves out of state). I live in Austin TX now and have been driving 16 hours, round trip, for the games I could make with my son. A great tradition has now ended. But, I will be a SAINTS fan forever. Who Dat!

A friend of mine who is a Viqueens fan just told me that their ticket office is offering the option of passing on 2020 season ticket renewals but retaining your rights for 2021. This should have been offered to us as season ticket holders!

I think I heard in a news flash on WWL that the Saints are going to be covering the seats closest to the players, putting advertisements on the covered seats, and offering those ticket holders a credit, a refund, or an opportunity to relocate.

edit...here it is:

NFL owners approved a proposal on Thursday that will cover the first eight rows of seats closest to the field at every stadium for 2020 out of coronavirus concerns.

New Orleans Saints senior vice president of communications Greg Bensel confirmed to The Times-Picayune | New Orleans Advocate that the Saints are already in the process of working with affected season ticket holders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom