Some of these moves are alarming (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We keep the guy who had an offense in the bottom half of the league and fire a co-D coordinator who had a top 10 scoring defense and top 5 in yards allowed.

We are looking in the wrong direction. These moves are a glimpse of what's wrong with our franchise just one year removed from a historical run.

We keep the guy who had an offense in the bottom half of the league and fire a co-D coordinator who had a top 10 scoring defense and top 5 in yards allowed.

We are looking in the wrong direction. These moves are a glimpse of what's wrong with our franchise just one year removed from a historical run.
They had a philosophical difference, do you keep someone like that on just cuz?

The defense wasn’t Richard’s defense though. Allen still called plays and had the final say on that side of the ball even with two co-DCs. Any defensive stats is still Allen’s.

The defense was top 5-10 with a young elite secondary developed by Allen before Richard came here and will remain that way going forward.

Some moves are just apart of the business when there’s differences. I think we can’t react to every little move while the offseason is a process and just getting started unofficially. We won’t really see where we headed with the roster until after the draft.

The defense wasn’t Richard’s defense though. Allen still called plays and had the final say on that side of the ball even with two co-DCs. Any defensive stats is still Allen’s.

The defense was top 5-10 with a young elite secondary developed by Allen before Richard came here and will remain that way going forward.

Some moves are just apart of the business when there’s differences. I think we can’t react to every little move while the offseason is a process and just getting started unofficially. We won’t really see where we headed with the roster until after the draft.
When you have success these moves are sometimes dismissed but when you are fighting for your career they can sink you. Let's see what happens this year. I agree that DA still had his hand in the D. The problem is he made moves on the wrong side of the ball.

When you have success these moves are sometimes dismissed but when you are fighting for your career they can sink you. Let's see what happens this year. I agree that DA still had his hand in the D. The problem is he made moves on the wrong side of the ball.
He still fired Rousher who actually coached a TE that took a giant leap. Make it make sense

The sink is clearly sinking, some of you are in denial. Can he patch the growing holes in the ship, time will tell. Sean had the connects, Allen has no connects.

DA is the real DC. Just like Payton was the real OC.
No, he's the head coach. He can't be DC and HC at the same time. Payton had several people to manage the offense while he focused on the team. Playcalling is just a small part of the picture.

No, he's the head coach. He can't be DC and HC at the same time. Payton had several people to manage the offense while he focused on the team. Playcalling is just a small part of the picture.
This!! DA only cares about defense! It wouldn’t surprise me if Richard asked to have more control of the defense and DA got mad. Makes sense since that’s all he cares about.

He still fired Rousher who actually coached a TE that took a giant leap. Make it make sense
Roushar was also the run game coordinator and the run game was pure Arse. That was the right call. Coached up Juwan to Waller-lite and let the run game go to ish in the process. I wish we stop giving coaches dual-coaching roles and hire one guy for one job so they can focus on coaching one area at a high level.

We don't know that he was fired. His contract might have been up and they couldn't agree on a new deal so he walked. All we know at this point is that they agreed to both move on.

This!! DA only cares about defense! It wouldn’t surprise me if Richard asked to have more control of the defense and DA got mad. Makes sense since that’s all he cares about.

You think Payton was focused on defense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom