Some potential free agents that the Saints may be interested in (1 Viewer)

I'd love me some Boley....

Boley/Florence/Corey Williams = MONEY offseason....

but i'll take 2 of the 3

I agree completely, but at the same time... you have to pay out the ying-yang for a good FA CB.

I'd really like to see the Saints make a play for Cardinals RFA CB Eric Green. He's coming off a season ending groin injury, and his replacement Antrel Rolle played well in his place.

Green would carry a 3rd round price tag, but he's well worth it IMO, and could be a legit shut-down CB in this league.

I doubt they let him go. I can't remember where (maybe rotoworld) but I read a article hat Rolle struggled last season and they were possibly moving him to FS. I ll look for it....

Here it is scroll about half way down http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=111822

Last edited:
Jovan Haye would be a great addition, but I can't imagine the Bucs letting him get away... Let alone to a division rival. Same goes for Michael Boley, only he's way better than Haye... so no chance at those 2.

Briggs will be too expensive, and if Dansby isn't tagged, he probably will be too. Samuel, Trufant, and Asomugha (if they ever even see the open market) will be seeking HUGE salaries.

I'm willing to bet anything that the Saints don't get any of these players.

Bargain bin, middle-tier guys with upside... that's where I think we'll be looking... just like we usually do.

thats sounds right on the money, other teams dont let these kinda players just walk, so its good that we are looking at them, but team will use Franchise tags on just about anybody now adays just to keep there talent, because its hard to replace guys and losing them just when they start to come of age sucks to....building through the Draft is still the best option to me, cause it look like we, along with most NFL teams will have to settle for "fringe" players.

If this is the case....Loomis needs to get ready to sign contracts before March 5th....and not wait 2 weeks till they are all off the board.

I think Boley is a RFA, so we would have to give the Falcons our 5th round pick if they didn't match the offer. It would be well worth it IMO.

I think Boley is a RFA, so we would have to give the Falcons our 5th round pick if they didn't match the offer. It would be well worth it IMO.

If a long-term deal isn't worked out before hand, the Falcons will almost certainly give Boley the highest possible tender...

Which would cost any team that signed him away, a 1st and a 3rd round pick.

...He's a good player, and has a chance to be a very good player, but he's not worth that.

Some observations from this article.

1. It is nice to hear that they are going to work to sign Smith, Colston and Evans before next offseason which my open up one to become franchise tagged without risk of losing another.

2. Micheal Boley will be getting the highest tender from Atlana which is the same as him getting franchise tagged.

3. It would be nice to dream about Samuel and Briggs.

According to Loomis we are between 25 and 30 mil under the cap and New England can't franchise Asante due to a contract stipulation from last years hold out. We need to go after him as hard as we can because he's young and he's one of the best in the league AND you may have heard we're not very strong at corner. None of this RFA bargain bin upside crap, thats what got us into the Jason David debacle. We need a real defensive playmaker that has done it in the big games and I think any QB that's played the Patriots in the playoffs can attest to his big play ability.

Jovan Haye would be a great addition, but I can't imagine the Bucs letting him get away... Let alone to a division rival. Same goes for Michael Boley, only he's way better than Haye... so no chance at those 2.

Briggs will be too expensive, and if Dansby isn't tagged, he probably will be too. Samuel, Trufant, and Asomugha (if they ever even see the open market) will be seeking HUGE salaries.

I'm willing to bet anything that the Saints don't get any of these players.

Bargain bin, middle-tier guys with upside... that's where I think we'll be looking... just like we usually do.

I hope you're wrong, but I have a suspicion that things will go the way they almost always do. I just don't get it. If the leader of your offense is worth 20 million a year, why isn't the leader of your defense(which would be Briggs) worth that much? Not necessarily 20 million a year, but whatever he's worth at the top of his position.

Last edited:
Those names are ambitious. I hope we get at least one of the corners so we can pick more LB's and a DT in the draft.

Keep in mind it wasn't Loomis that brought up those names it was the article's writer. Loomis basically just said they have cap room and needs that's it. With the record salary cap when the tags start flying there won't be a whole lot of players left to hit the open FA market. The ones that do..... are going to get paid. John Clayton said there's going to be a record number of teams at least $20 million under the cap. So if the Saints hope to land at least a couple FAs they are going to have to be incredbly aggressive and unafraid to write a big contract........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom