Some quick observations: 1st pre season: (1 Viewer)

Lasco is this year's presighting forum crush. It seems like him and Murphy are competing for a spot so Murphy will most likely be the black sheep.

Trying to stay objective and crush free, Lasco looks good, though. So it's not a bad opinion wanting to keep him and Lewis. But it's a closer race than the infatuated will make it out to be.

By the roles they were playing Id disagree. Lasco appeared to be playing the early down role and swapped out on most 3rd n pass plays. That would give the sense that Lasco is competing with Hightower and Murphy is actually competing with Cadet

Anyone that thinks Grayson did good or even ok makes me question the rest of your reads. I thought Grayson looked terrible (worse then McCown).

McCown had some errors for sure and over threw some targets but he still looked like he could sit in the pocket and control the pace. Grayson looked just overwhelmed and jittery. Hopefully he gets more comfortable later on in the preseason.

The D did look good in the beginning but our backups were making plays just like last year. Way to many penalties, and playing off the ball on short yardage down which led to easy 1st downs. Its like they always think if they get beat its a TD so they play timid.

Overall I am not too down on the team but it was not a sign of confidence with the way they played. This could be a rough season baring injures.

Anyone that thinks Grayson did good or even ok makes me question the rest of your reads. I thought Grayson looked terrible (worse then McCown).

Fair enough but Grayson was also playing against 1st-2nd teamers mostly. I missed his INT but from what I heard it wasn't completely on him (happy to be corrected). He faced a fair bit of pressure I thought and landed a couple of good throws.

On the other hand I thought McCown looked off tonight. Missed a few throws, red zone INT and a sack fumble for a TD. Certainly faced pressure but I wouldn't say anymore than Grayson did. I still think he'll backup Brees and will improve on tonight if required.

I wanted to cut Tyrus Thompson before the game even ended. If he wasn't jumping offsides, he was holding or getting beaten terribly.

#74, a 6'5" 330lb tackle from Oklahoma in his second year, and we are his 4th team already. I see why the first three teams gave up on him. He's got great size, a GREAT head of hair, but he's either a flag waiting to happen or will give up a sack.

He's a good looking kid too, looks like a NFL lineman but this isn't the big 12, he's too slow to play tackle in the NFL.

I was really concerned with left guard. I'll watch the second half after work - but I was worried by what I saw.

Is it me or does the overall line play seem weak? I mean both sides of the line seem like they could benefit from better strength training. IJS...

Is it me or does the overall line play seem weak? I mean both sides of the line seem like they could benefit from better strength training. IJS...

Both sides? Like defense as well? The starting Dline absolutely DOMINATED. 2 tackles for a loss and 2 more sacks in a couple series

Our projected starting oline hasn't even practiced together yet

Peat is project RG , honestly I don't recall him ever playing RG

Hopefully with TA returning we can set the oline and be done , the moving around of Peat has to stop , unfair to him and not helping team

I don't think weak is the right word. I'd say uncoordinated. Players unsure of their assignments at game speed.

An example in the first half was when Lelito was playing LG. Two rushers coming at him, A & B gaps, not sure if it was a stunt or a blitz. But he whiffed on the A gap, then whiffed on the B gap, allowing both rushers through - then pancaked himself off-balance. That wasn't a strength issue.

For me, I kinda like letting Grayson play with the 1's & 2's. The experienced players help Grayson by taking care of their jobs (he will pick that stuff up later). Let Luke, the veteran handle the 3's and 4's and help get things aligned better. It could assist with Grayson's development, and allow the 3's & 4's to progress better by taking the QB variable out. Other than Luke not playing well last night, I actually like the concept of this.

Quick reminder: we don't allow calling Saints players "garbage" or any other disparaging term.

You can critique the performance, but cannot insult the men.

McCown had some errors for sure and over threw some targets but he still looked like he could sit in the pocket and control the pace. Grayson looked just overwhelmed and jittery. Hopefully he gets more comfortable later on in the preseason.

The D did look good in the beginning but our backups were making plays just like last year. Way to many penalties, and playing off the ball on short yardage down which led to easy 1st downs. Its like they always think if they get beat its a TD so they play timid.

Overall I am not too down on the team but it was not a sign of confidence with the way they played. This could be a rough season baring injures.

Grayson had the nerves on his first series but definitely settled down and drove the offense down the field twice. He was good and showed he's a dual threat being able to run and pass.

McCown consistently threw to his first read despite plenty of WR's running open. Tried to force it into coverage way too much and seems to have no idea what to do when he gets into the redzone besides through the ball straight to a defender.

He was absolutely awful last night and honestly if Grayson continues to progress and McCown continues to fall off a cliff, then the decision won't be hard at all.

Peat had a terrible game. I'm concerned with the OL. Can't afford to get Breese knocked out again this season. Turnovers are a concern too. Gave up too many easy points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom