Some quick observations: 1st pre season: (1 Viewer)

I think it would have felt different had our offense not given away the ball 4 times.

Also in 2009 did we mainly play our starters?

We were missing quite a few last night.

2009 the starters only played the first series. Got burned a couple of times for over pursuit but I'll take that emotion. I believe we got a turnover early but I don't think it was first team. The whole defense was flying around and hitting. We didn't sit back and wait for the offense to come at us until the second half (when we gave the game back only to pull it out in the end). The depth was worrisome but the starters really brought it. It just felt different.

My observations from the first preseason game....it was the first preseason game.

Drew looked good for his one pass, but it was just one pass. Not worried about Drew at all, other than the contract situation.

Our WR/TE corps are going to be good. Thomas, after one game looks like he is going to be a big time play maker.

O line still looks like they have issues opening up running lanes. Mark fumbling was not good. Although when I watched it it looked like he was down before that ball came out, but even if challenged it would have not been overturned.

Defense got some pressure last night and CB's looked good at times. First string looked good. BUT they still did what they did and had lane discipline issues and allowed huge cut back lanes and gave up huge runs. We saw a lot of that last year. Although, overall I saw a defense a lot more aggressive. They need to catch those INTS though. Three opportunities and all dropped.

Last night was exactly why I don't pay attention to training camp reports. The last few years we all see such and such are beasts, the defense plays lights out, etc. TC performance doesn't mean a thing. Game one of the preseason shows something, but what matters is week one of the regular season.

Looking forward to the season. Saw some things that were impressive last night and some that are discouraging. Let's hope we see improvement from week 1 to week 2 of the preseason.

The impressive:

If Tommylee plays like he did last night the next three games he makes this team. Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Coleman, Harris, and Tommylee is my early prediction.

Lasco impressive on special teams and hard runner. RB will be interesting. I think Cadet may be the odd man out. Drafting Lasco even in the 7th round gets him on the roster unless he goes brain dead and really screws up. Mark Ingram, CJ, Hightower, Murphy, and Lasco. Do we keep 5? Maybe, maybe not.

Defense the front four and LBs were good, other than the big runs.

Morestead.....the leg is back.

Murphy...other than the fumble that turned into a big return he was good.

I guess what we're missing is Gregg Williams's personality to get the guys slobberknockering.

I think it was evident from top to bottom the Pats are a much more disciplined team and played solid football.

Whereas the Saints seemed to be all over the place which seems to point to a bunch of Individuals than a TEAM playing together and doing the Fundamentals well.

How maddening were all those EASY Big Plays by the Pats...

Football 101, Step 1: Don't Beat Yourself.

(Remember back in 06, SP stressing the Fundamentals: Eliminate Mistakes, Penalties, and Give-Aways...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom