Some solid advice I was once given regarding the 2006 to present Saints/Falcons rivalry (1 Viewer)

Definitely going to be a closer contest (probably)

ATL going to protect the QB at all costs, so expect a lot of quick slants and short routes, with the ball getting out quickly.

This will make the chance for INT's go up if they pay attention, but they are going to do everything to make sure our defense doesn't look all world against them.. Though I'm sure it would be argued they might have actually been trying last game.

Combine that with memories of this being exactly the type of game that makes me worry about SP getting "too cute" with the play calling and gadget plays, but I am going to have faith he has matured beyond that by now... but I'm only 99% confident in that.

That said we are 20-9 since 2006 and are on fire atm. Enough players and coaches are still around to know what happens when confidence is too high and awareness is too low, so this will go a long way to prove they are indeed on a mission and firing on all cylinders to avoid playing at an inferior opponents level like so many previous seasons!

Am hoping SP is past that cute phase of his. Belichick has had some games where the gameplan is pure rushing. SP did it last game out of choice, and not circumstances. Showing maturity as a coach.

Lately the Saints have been breaking teams. They broke Denver in the third quarter. They broke Atlanta when the coverage sacks just became Ryan falling down. They broke the Bucs when Brady just started throwing it up for grabs. I will give it to San Francisco because they were the last team to play us and not break. They got beat but in the end I think they kept their heart. They’re a tough team. Atlanta is not a tough team and the Saints are going to break them this weekend. Might take a half or three quarters but they are leaving a beaten team.
This

The Saints and Falcons split in 2017 due to the Thursday night road game that was essentially rigged by the refs. Ref purposely ran in front of Lattimore on a probable pick-six, no penalty on the play where they took a head shot on Kamara, constant penalties on our defense on third down, etc.

2017 - look, I loved that team, and they planted the seasons for the harvest we've been enjoying.......but "legit" teams don't lose a playoff game in that particular fashion......and who truly thinks they would have beaten Philly the next

Saintman covered in more detail than I will but I think we would have given ourselves a real chance to beat the Eagles that year. Prior to that beatdown they put on Minnesota, I’m not sure they were taken all that seriously as legitimate contenders given they only squeaked past Atlanta in the divisional round and were guided by a borderline starter in Foles at that stage, who was far from a standout. We are obviously dealing in hypotheticals at this point but if we’d put up some points against Philly early who knows if they ever generate that momentum that carried them and large appendage Nick through the NFCCG and the Super Bowl.

The Saints and Falcons split in 2017 due to the Thursday night road game that was essentially rigged by the refs. Ref purposely ran in front of Lattimore on a probable pick-six, no penalty on the play where they took a head shot on Kamara, constant penalties on our defense on third down, etc.

I was there. The most perplexing thing to me remains the decision of the officials to disallow a field goal that Lutz kicked right at the end of the first half for an illegal shift or some sort of exotic rule that I’ve never seen invoked to deny a kicker points before or since.

Saintman covered in more detail than I will but I think we would have given ourselves a real chance to beat the Eagles that year. Prior to that beatdown they put on Minnesota, I’m not sure they were taken all that seriously as legitimate contenders given they only squeaked past Atlanta in the divisional round and were guided by a borderline starter in Foles at that stage, who was far from a standout. We are obviously dealing in hypotheticals at this point but if we’d put up some points against Philly early who knows if they ever generate that momentum that carried them and large appendage Nick through the NFCCG and the Super Bowl.

I was there. The most perplexing thing to me remains the decision of the officials to disallow a field goal that Lutz kicked right at the end of the first half for an illegal shift or some sort of exotic rule that I’ve never seen invoked to deny a kicker points before or since.
I think we would of beaten Philly. Payton has their number and in particular Nick Foles. Foles always plays poorly against N.O.

As for Falcons game, this is just a general reply. Last week proved the Saints can rack up points just by using a power run game. By the second half Denvers D-line was punch drunk. Denver strikes me as a mentally tougher team than the Falcons. If N.O uses that power run game against Atlanta they will crying to get off the field.

BTW I enjoyed watching that power football game Sean put on display. It helps out the O-line alot and im sure they enjoyed it cause they get to steamroll guys rather than trying to have to block em.

All division games make me nervous and the fact that we whipped them the last game doesn't make me feel comfortable. Just win

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom