Some thoughts on Reggie Bush and next season (1 Viewer)

My point is it's time for Reggie to step up. As the 2nd overall pick, naturally you would expect him to be a great player. I do think that Reggie will be much improved next year.
Question: If the rest of Reggie's career went the way the last two years have been, would you be satisfied?

No. But that will never happen. He will either get worse or he'll get better. I will say this, if Reggie puts up numbers annually like he did his first year, I'll be very happy. He wouldn't be the 1 every 10 year runner like they thought he would be, but we would be a successful team and that's #1 to me.

if Reggie puts up numbers annually like he did his first year, I'll be very happy.

100% agree. I would be happy too. That would mean the Saints have a primary RB for Reggie to compliment. He may yet master the art of being an NFL RB if he plays behind one a year or 2.

My expectations for Reggie is for him to be a full-fledged running back playing fulltime. I don't want to see him be a back-up, glorified scat back, or a world class decoy his whole career. That would be a major dissapointment to me. I have no doubt in my mind he will become that once in every 10 years runner.

You guys can keep bringing up Reggie's numbers all you want, but that's not going to make any difference.

Reggie's longest run in the NFL is 22 yards. 22 yards! Did we draft him to bang in between the tackles, getting 3 yards a pop? Of course not. We drafted him to be a big play, dynamic RB - which he has NOT been.

I know it's not fun to admit the truth about him, but he's been nothing more than an average RB so far. That's all.

And to whoever said that this was only his 2nd season in the league... And that he's still learning - NO. That's false. There are too many RBs than come into this league as rookies and excel, it happens every year. Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones Drew, I mean the list goes on. Running Back is not a position that has a tremendous learning curve, either you have it or you don't. The great RBs of this league has been dominate from the beginning, that's just the truth.

So no, he hasn't been a bust. But he sure hasn't been what we expected him to be - not even close.

No. But that will never happen. He will either get worse or he'll get better. I will say this, if Reggie puts up numbers annually like he did his first year, I'll be very happy. He wouldn't be the 1 every 10 year runner like they thought he would be, but we would be a successful team and that's #1 to me.
No doubt Reggie was great toward the end of his rookie year. Although he is a Saint, it will be interesting to see how things turn out next year.

You guys can keep bringing up Reggie's numbers all you want, but that's not going to make any difference.

Reggie's longest run in the NFL is 22 yards. 22 yards! Did we draft him to bang in between the tackles, getting 3 yards a pop? Of course not. We drafted him to be a big play, dynamic RB - which he has NOT been.

I know it's not fun to admit the truth about him, but he's been nothing more than an average RB so far. That's all.

And to whoever said that this was only his 2nd season in the league... And that he's still learning - NO. That's false. There are too many RBs than come into this league as rookies and excel, it happens every year. Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Maurice Jones Drew, I mean the list goes on. Running Back is not a position that has a tremendous learning curve, either you have it or you don't. The great RBs of this league has been dominate from the beginning, that's just the truth.

So no, he hasn't been a bust. But he sure hasn't been what we expected him to be - not even close.
That is probably my biggest problem with him, his poor running instincts. He can make big plays as a reciever but not as a runner. It's actually pretty odd that he has been as bad running the ball as he has.

That is probably my biggest problem with him, his poor running instincts. He can make big plays as a reciever but not as a runner. It's actually pretty odd that he has been as bad running the ball as he has.

I agree.

I really want to see him spending ALOT more time at WR, it's obvious that's where he is the most dangerous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom