Some tidbits from today's conference call with Payton... (1 Viewer)

In the role of receiver out of the backfield, he is.

Cadet is not a better receiver out of the backfield than Spiller.

Regardless, Spiller is also a better runner than Hightower and a better returner than Murphy. There's no logical argument that every RB on the roster is more valuable then Spiller.

Whatever he did, I hope it's been resolved.

We just brought Cadet back after cutting him, if he was so good why risk the chance of losing him. I don't buy it one bit.

Cadet is apparently a better route runner that has the flexibility to line up out wide as a WR. I figured that he would be our 4th WR/Joker role this season and Sean game planned to pass against that defense.

He saw that they had a bad secondary and shredded them to death using a player like Cadet.

I could give a crap whether spiller was playing or not honestly. 400 yards and no Interceptions should have easily won a game.

Spiller will be in the gameplan when we need a run heavy offense.

The only play that was confusing was the read option play that broke down pre-snap.

Who knows what was supposed to happen there. :idunno:

On no planet is Cadet a better player.

And you know I'm not one to usually call Payton out like that, but don't insult our intelligence.

That's true from a skill set level, but what if Cadet has a better grasp of the playbook?

The truth is probably more like Brees & Payton have greater confidence Cadet is going to be where he's supposed to be, better at blitz pickup, etc.

maybe they are looking to trade spiller and not wanting to risk and injury but either way I think we may be releasing one to sign a DT or CB with the injury to Breaux

It's still baffling why Murphy hasn't gotten a chance to play on offense. I'm sure he could do the same thing as Cadet, probably better. I believe he's more of an explosive player than Cadet.

It's still baffling why Murphy hasn't gotten a chance to play on offense. I'm sure he could do the same thing as Cadet, probably better. I believe he's more of an explosive player than Cadet.

Didn't he put the ball on the ground a couple times in preseason while playing RB?

His hands definitely are questionable. Cadet has never had a fumbling problem while Murphy was called out publicly by his head coach just three weeks ago.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton said operation of spotting the ball after the Snead fumble/Thomas recovery probably didn&#39;t go how it was supposed to. So he called TO</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/775376057708998656">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

why, I thought they marked it in favor of the saints??

We just brought Cadet back after cutting him, if he was so good why risk the chance of losing him. I don't buy it one bit.

At this point I'm of the mindset that he isn't getting it in practice. Cadet is where he's supposed to be and Spiller isn't.

I'm not arguing Murphy over Spiller as I believe Spiller should be returning punts/kicks. Cadet was signed back because he is dependable, not a game changer like we wanted him to be post Sproles, but still.

I think there is something to the "Spiller doesn't know the playbook" rumor.

Another coaching head scratcher, what on earth was Byrd doing back there fielding punts?

Probably talking about how long they took to decide where to spot it and whether to review it. Since they wouldn't decide one way or the other and the clock continued to run off, Sean had to burn a timeout. He wanted it taken back but they wouldn't give it to us.

I understand Refs making questionable calls, but these guys have to have a meeting at the 50 every other play. It's getting to be beyond ridiculous.

I assume he means how long the officials took to spot the ball as there was some confusion. Yet, they did not reset the play clock.

The truth is probably more like Brees & Payton have greater confidence Cadet is going to be where he's supposed to be, better at blitz pickup, etc.

Cadet got cut last year because he was terrible in blitz pickup.

That's true from a skill set level, but what if Cadet has a better grasp of the playbook?

That couldn't be true. At one point in the game we ran the exact same swing route to Cadet three times in one three down series!!! He dropped it twice then connected for 5 yds I think. I don't know maybe my eyes are what they once were but I thought Spiller had a very good preseason. He was killing it on the edges.:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom