Some tidbits from today's conference call with Payton... (1 Viewer)

Sean Payton is telling a big lie.

Nice
now you are going to question our head coach on whether he is truthful? I guess the SSF has turned into a full time Game Day board mentality,it is actually very entertaining at this point. Who cares if Spiller was not activated according to some he was a wasted free agent signing. How do you know he is lying? Are you just going the majority of the mob lynch here. We did a pretty good job yesterday it could have been worse.

Only 6 weeks for Breaux, thank jebus. So basically he and Rankins should be coming back around the same time..

On no planet is Cadet a better player.

And you know I'm not one to usually call Payton out like that, but don't insult our intelligence.

If he's better at what we are asking from that position that makes him better. Feels like a miss on who Spiller was as a FA RB. We thought we were getting a match-up guy we could split wide sometimes, could run routes, and take advantage of LB's and S's.

I noticed that game we didn't do an Halfback flat routes, and not a single RB screen. 2 things that Spillers game would have called for. Instead we saw more option routes from the RB's and more pass protecting...things that Spiller isn't good at.

So there you have it......he was better in the role we wanted from that RB than Spiller was. It isn't insulting our intelligence.......it's admitting his intelligence as to how Spiller would fit into this team last year is in question.

Having Spiller on that final kickoff could of been the game changer. Murphy is just not a special player. He's shifty at times, but he's extremely slow. He has questionable hands at best as well.

This however I do agree with. 4 year 20mil contract suggest he should never be a healthy inactive. Find a role for him...and Murphy's role would be ideal. I ended up not watching the last drive so i didn't see the KR by Murphy but I've heard it was atrocious and was only excused because we were able to move the ball regardless.

So did he say anything about the CB situation? That's the elephant in the room. Other then Breaux, nothing else was said?

So we think this was a secret suspension, like when David Stern sent off MJ to the White Sox for 2 years over his gambling?

We score 34 pts and some fans make a big deal about Spiller not playing??? Btw Cadet plays special team & is a better receiver out of the back field.

I'm still theorizing that spiller is trade material that did not go down in time, game plan was in place with cadet playing a role that evidently spiller was not capable for whatever reason only coach can answer, so cadet was in that number and not spiller.
i didn't take that he said specifically that overall cadet was better runing back than spiller.

We score 34 pts and some fans make a big deal about Spiller not playing??? Btw Cadet plays special team & is a better receiver out of the back field.

I don't think it's about Spiller having an effect on the game, it's about the fact that we have 6 running backs on the 53 man roster, which quite frankly is unheard of. I personally think 5 running backs is too many, 6 is asinine.

If Murphy's only apparent value is in the return game, then cut him. We have about 5 other players on the roster who could match or surpass his production in the return game. I think Payton needs to take his medicine with the whole Spiller situation and just play him. Shuffling him and Cadet this year is complete and total amateur hour.

We could have 4 backs on the roster, and all 4 would serve a purpose on gameday:

Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, and Lasco.

No one is going to pick up Cadet if we release him, he'll be there if we have an injury. But hey, what do I know?

they should have reset the play clock then if that was the case. they have to have time to setup on their given down and distance...

I'd like to see it again. From the stands, it seemed that the ref stood over the ball and after he released it to play there was a couple of seconds left on the play clock. If Payton pleaded to get it back, then the refs just doubled-down on incompetence on that one play.

We haven't seen a healthy Spiller play, i don't know what he's good at in this offense, but i sure would like to find out. Put him on the field, let the D's make the adjustments and see what opens up, even if he is just decoy material, they have to account for him.

We haven't seen a healthy Spiller play, i don't know what he's good at in this offense, but i sure would like to find out. Put him on the field, let the D's make the adjustments and see what opens up, even if he is just decoy material, they have to account for him.

i mean apparently he's good at wheel routes. dude clearly had an injury problem and was still fast enough and good enough out of the backfield to get open deep and outrun a guy.

yeah i guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile but i'd much prefer the guy who can beat a guy and take it to the house over an average guy who runs good routes.

i mean apparently he's good at wheel routes. dude clearly had an injury problem and was still fast enough and good enough out of the backfield to get open deep and outrun a guy.

yeah i guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile but i'd much prefer the guy who can beat a guy and take it to the house over an average guy who runs good routes.

Cadet did score a touchdown yesterday. It's not like he didn't make a positive impact with his inclusion in the game plan.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton said operation of spotting the ball after the Snead fumble/Thomas recovery probably didn&#39;t go how it was supposed to. So he called TO</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/775376057708998656">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The refs screwed this up big time . They started the play clock while still conversing about what had transpired. As a matter of fact the refs had problems spotting the ball all game .

That's probably why the move was made. Spiller in the flat attracts defensive attention. Cadet does not. Even when you throw it to him three times. Each time they went to him, he was open, and eventually even pulled in a touchdown.

Spiller is the more talented back, but Cadet apparently lends himself better to subterfuge.

This is the only thing said that makes sense if it;s not a CJ in the doghouse thing, The D would pay more attention to CJ than Cadet and there is a reason , cause CJ is BETTER than Cadet . I'm still going with CJ

Nice
now you are going to question our head coach on whether he is truthful? I guess the SSF has turned into a full time Game Day board mentality,it is actually very entertaining at this point. Who cares if Spiller was not activated according to some he was a wasted free agent signing. How do you know he is lying? Are you just going the majority of the mob lynch here. We did a pretty good job yesterday it could have been worse.

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but coaches are like politicians; they would lie while saying a rosary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom