Some unrest in Sweden.. (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Please don't post blind links. Start off the topic with your thoughts on the matter, or at least tease the article.

Stockholm riots throw spotlight on Swedish inequality - BBC News

Rioting in the city's suburbs has raised the national debate about immigration, unemployment and social inequality.

The cars attacked in the violence are not high-end - not the BMWs and Porsches you might expect to see torched by class warriors - but the vans which ordinary people need to go about their business.

Schools, a station and a library have been attacked as well as a bank and a police station.

In the areas affected, local people said the motive of the youths making trouble was anger over joblessness.

Some said it was simply a matter of criminality and parents were to blame for not controlling their offspring better.

There was a widespread assertion that the violence was not motivated by Islamist ideology.

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sounds like what we have here in Germany too from time to time.
Not so much anymore in the recent 2 years but before was it quite common in some of the bigger cities to burn down some cars as a sign of protest against the rich.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like what we have here in Germany too from time to time.
Not so much anymore in the recent 2 years but before was it quite common in some of the bigger cities to burn down some cars as a sign of protest against the rich.
It's funny, but what strikes me most every time I read news about riots in Germany is how well the police handle it compared to here. I think around this time last year there were some Pegida riots in Dresden or Leipzig with over 1000 rioters and no one was hurt. Then there was a huge one in Berlin last summer that I remember well because it came up while we were in the midst on the EE of all the high profile cases of violent confrontations with police and whether the escalations were warranted or not. I think it was over 2000 rioting and 120 officers injured, but no shots fired, no reports of civilian injury or escalated force in response by the police. I was pretty impressed.

OP

Scuderi

Rookie
Reaction score
Did you actually read the article or just heard, search and post?

And ppl wonder why it's hard to refrain from pointing out just how unintelligent some folks really are today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I'm curious, What exactly makes you think I didn't read the article? Please, point out how unintelligent I am for simply posting this. The title fits it just fine, so I'm wondering what you're going to point out.

OP

Scuderi

Rookie
Reaction score
It's funny, but what strikes me most every time I read news about riots in Germany is how well the police handle it compared to here. I think around this time last year there were some Pegida riots in Dresden or Leipzig with over 1000 rioters and no one was hurt. Then there was a huge one in Berlin last summer that I remember well because it came up while we were in the midst on the EE of all the high profile cases of violent confrontations with police and whether the escalations were warranted or not. I think it was over 2000 rioting and 120 officers injured, but no shots fired, no reports of civilian injury or escalated force in response by the police. I was pretty impressed.
I've often thought about this myself, I wonder if it's a difference in society. In my own experience, people around my area are very short tempered and constantly uptight. I can't count the times I've had people in my face screaming at me over things that shouldn't get that reaction. Maybe a lack of patience, respect, self restraint could be leading to these violent interactions here in the US. I've never traveled to another country so I can't compare to anything first hand, just my thoughts.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OP will try to deny this is a response to people slamming Trump over the Sweden debacle, but is clearly a "look Trump was right" post.
he failed, but good try..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
OP will try to deny this is a response to people slamming Trump over the Sweden debacle, but is clearly a "look Trump was right" post.

It shows that not only is Trump always right, he's also psychic.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
I'm curious, What exactly makes you think I didn't read the article? Please, point out how unintelligent I am for simply posting this. The title fits it just fine, so I'm wondering what you're going to point out.
There are 4 additional posts posing the same question.(albeit in a manner in which I just don't have the ability anymore)

You haven't answered one.

So if you insist on playing connect the dots, I'll do the same.

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Please don't post blind links. Start off the topic with your thoughts on the matter, or at least tease the article.

Stockholm riots throw spotlight on Swedish inequality - BBC News
It was more than a few youths. I read stories from two separate reporters stating the opposite. Immigrant gangs torching and attacking. They said that some of Stockholm's burbs are no go zones. These were eye witness accounts. Can't soften that. Trump;s speech comments were right on the mark. No apologies needed.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
It was more than a few youths. I read stories from two separate reporters stating the opposite. Immigrant gangs torching and attacking. They said that some of Stockholm's burbs are no go zones. These were eye witness accounts. Can't soften that. Trump;s speech comments were right on the mark. No apologies needed.
Post them.

OP

Scuderi

Rookie
Reaction score

It is in fact a response to earlier posts about what he has said. Although, not in the way you are assuming. Not sure why you assume that's what I'm doing, I'm not that concerned about wether Trump was right or not. I do however find it interesting that this happened just days after he made those comments. Personally, I feel like it's just coincidence, when there are multiple articles reporting different things who knows what the truth is? I certainly won't pretend to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom