Somebody Kill Me Now - Hollis Speaks (1 Viewer)

I haven't read the article yet, but he's a really funny dude. He's great on radio.

TPS

Nobody asks how Peyton Manning got us Hollis Thomas? I'm shocked.

Can't pass page 1 due to subscription. Can you paraphase it?

It's not subscription - it just wants to know your date of birth and zip code. NOLA.com always does that - once you enter this info, you will go to page 2.

Can't pass page 1 due to subscription. Can you paraphase it?

its an easy sudscription, but sure :

he talks about having asthma, watching film and speaking and working with kids who have asthma to participate in sport.

"T homas didn't miss much practice time, getting through those searing two-a-days with his never-ending sense of humor -- "Somebody kill me now" he would say often -- and a keen knowledge of the game apparently sharpened by copious note-taking during meetings and serious film sessions."

" I take a lot of pride in my preparation. I watch film and try to get any edge I can. It's all fun and games until somebody gets their eye poked out."

Thomas pauses. Then laughs.

"No," he said. "It's a job. The fun is on Sundays. But it's a job leading up to that

Payton says - "When you really get to know him," Payton said, "you see that he's a pretty good student of the game. He has a good sense of humor, but I think he's pretty meticulous in how he prepares each week. That's a good thing."

He's our MVP on defense in my humble opinion....and I'm really glad he's on the team. He's a good 1st step in rebuilding this defense.

Good article. I'm afraid my boy is developing asthma
(he's had recurring RSV) and I have been worried he
would miss out on playing any sports. That makes me
feel a little better about it.

He's been an incredible addition. Getting him for moving down a few spots was a brillant move. Thomas has been our best big man since Norman Hand. Thomas gives 100% every play and will even run downfield to make a tackle. His leadership can't be overlooked either...there's no wonder why Payton wanted him. Thomas is the definition of a "Payton player".

IMHO, Hollis Thomas was our second best free agent acquisition this past offseason.

This is the type of DT Haslett had been looking for every year but that he just couldn't find.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom