Someone remind me… (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Didn’t Pete not want the job? Didn’t he decline it and we begged him to take it? I can’t remember what actually happened but this might explain why he doesn’t seem to be inspired.

He did much better this week. A lo too run heavy in the beginning of the game but he had some nice calls.

I think we are seeing that Pete likes down the field passes for chunk yards rather than settling for what a defense gives them. If it *clicks* it can be beautiful, if not revelatory (see early Sean Payton calls), but when anything is off - timing, protection, players just falling down - it is disjointed and ruins any cadence in play-call and production. I would like to see us a bit more adaptable and just take what we are given, but I'm guessing after 10+ years in the league Pete isn't going to do that.

We need creativity and flexibility badly.

Didn’t Pete not want the job? Didn’t he decline it and we begged him to take it? I can’t remember what actually happened but this might explain why he doesn’t seem to be inspired.
I don't know but I would definitely ask Brees if he's interested in coaching being a offensive asst playcaller or something.

Outside of by necessity in the 4th quarter of the Atlanta game, we've not seen any up-tempo by either QB.

If I remember correctly, he initially passed on the job, but when confronted with the reality that then someone else would have to be brought in to be OC, he agreed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom