Someone tell me why Will Smith will not be a good 3-4 DE (1 Viewer)

saint_cajun78

Very Banned
Reaction score
Honestly why won't he be a solid 3-4 DE? He isn't as fast getting to the QB as a 4-3 DE as he used to be and has only gained more weight over the past few years (pushing 280+) and his only way to get to the QB in the 4-3 was to use his Bull rush which I think will work better at taking on OT's. I don't know maybe I'm just trying to look at the bright side of things. Hopefully he will help us in this new scheme.

kewinn89

I'm Dhee Truth
Reaction score
We have better players that need to be on the field that can be more productive
Hicks,Cam Jordan,Tom Johnson even Bunkley

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think its him "not fitting" as much as folks feel he's not worth the money they owe him. With the money he's making he need to have a "JJ Watt"-type of season to warrant that salary.

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Well he won't be expected to be the main pass rusher in a 3-4 so that's one advantage.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Lack of all of the following

-quickness
-conditioning
-arm length
-agility

But I'll stop there.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Will Smith knows he's a role player now. He's a vet, and his contribution comes off the field. He'll pass his wisdom and experiences to our youngsters, and make them better ballers. He'll basically come in and play his butt off whenever and where ever the coaches asks him. The pay cut says as much.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think Will Smith should have been cut. I just hope he doesn't do well in training camp, as he does every year, and earns the starting position. We'll have the same old results come September. Hicks should be the starter hands down.

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
Better than Hicks? You can't be serious. You're joking, right?

Never mind...don't bother answering that. You think our aging vets are the best thing since sliced bread. Athletes aren't like a fine wine man.
I'd love to hear what hicks did better than smith

I'd love for someone to bet me...there's at least 6 ppl ballsy enough to neg rep my post but how many are ballsy enough to change their sigs if will smith starts over hicks and Johnson at DE

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He got pushed around in the 4-3 going up against one tackle. Teams had their way with their run game behind their left tackle. Just wait till he's taking on the tackle and guard. Enjoy that show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom