Something Cower Said (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You might have read that Cower spoke of how his team knows that in this league you must stay hungry- you must prove yourself again each season. I agree but even moreso where the Saints are concerned. We are in a position that we have to prove ourselves after every game. We are 6-2, but as Sean said "It's halftime", while I think that we have shown the league that we are a legitimate contender, there is still a perception of us as an up and comer that will not have the strength to be able to sustain that through December and might make a quick exit if we are "lucky" enough to play in January. Is that a fair percetion? I think not. But even with top notch refs many games aren't fair much less life in the NFL.

So even at 6-2 we must go out and prove it every single game. I look back to after 9-11 and the Patriots run to the Superbowl and remember reading after that season that the whole thing was emotionally charged and how the Patriots couldn't sustain that kind of play -or- to how Peyton Manning is perceived as one who can't win the big game. Here is a guy who has little to prove but the perception is there. So to all I say--- even though everyone in Pittsburgh, including the head coach, has already chaulked this up as win, even though many across the sports lexicon have us as 6-3, nothing counts until all the final whistle blows. I have confidence that Sean will have these guys ready to play. I truly hope that this is a steady dismantling of a team in disarray, pointing fingers and grasping at straws by making silly guarantees and counting their chickens before the egg hatches.

Last edited:
Winners play every game like it's the Superbowl.

'nuff said.

I think this will be another game that will tell alot about this years team. They need this sort of game to shape their inner strength for the long road ahead.... deep into the playoffs. They still need to know that everything from here on out will be a challenge and everyone must step up to meet those challenges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom