Something I noticed with the scheme last night. (1 Viewer)

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
I'm probably not the only who saw this, but I noticed our linebackers were lining up 4-5 yards behind the D-line and not creeping up. By the time the ball was in the RB's hands, their O-line had pushed our line back 3 yards, so generally we weren't making contact until they had already gained 4-5 yards. We seemed to be out of position all night long with the exception of Fairley, who played well.

Funny you mentioned this just re-watching the game I keep an eye out for this

I'm sure someone will blame injuries, but in all honesty, I don't know wth they are doing on defense. I strongly dislike facing Shanahan because his offenses keep you off balance and faked out.

But the Saints are professionals and have enough film on him and his prior offenses to know what to expect and not get thrown off guard. It was BS in all honesty.

I noticed up the middle and any where else was a great place to run for them. But we had a ton of injuries

I noticed John Jenkins was on the field.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane's infant sister.

I noticed up the middle and any where else was a great place to run for them. But we had a ton of injuries
Other than Davison out the front 7 was manned by veterans. Still the Falcons were blowing through the LOS untouched, contain was given up and the RB out of the backfield not covered.

This happens when there are a lot of quick passes and the qb going no huddle. The defense has to be in a position to break out and go on pass coverage. The problem is when the defense gets lulled into not actually rushing the passer on drop backs or rushing to the line on run plays.

Both offenses were really coached amazing honestly, both defenses played abysmal, ours was worse.

The falcons will not win many games this year if they have to outscore their opponent by 40 points. We should know this more than anyone.

I get so ****** off watching the Broncos and Vikings play knowing we won't ever field a defense like theirs until after Drew retires :(
We would have won multiple superbowls if we had even a defense that made stops regularly

Payton was pretty clear that the injury situation was "not going to be an excuse for not playing smart." So, part of the problem, and a theme that stretches back to Spagnulo, was dumb and self defeating play. No idea how exactly they are going to fix that one...

My biggest disappointing takeaway was the linebackers being constantly out of position and there were multiple plays where I saw two guys going for the same player and leaving another one way wide open. To me that shows a lack of communication and understanding where your teammates are.

They better spend hours in the film room, otherwise we'll see the same crap every week when their opponents try to do what Atlanta did.

They need to give Fairley a longer contract. One of the better FA acquisitions we have had in a while.

Payton was pretty clear that the injury situation was "not going to be an excuse for not playing smart." So, part of the problem, and a theme that stretches back to Spagnulo, was dumb and self defeating play. No idea how exactly they are going to fix that one...

Stop drafting and signing players with low FB IQ. Despite being older Harper/Laurinitis were really the only guys talking and chatting and pointing b4 the snap actually being attentitive of keys or at least trying to flesh out what was going on pre-snap.

We lost/let go a lot of defensively smart players after the 2013 season.

Rest of the guys are just static waiting on plays to just happen. Hard to be an aggressive defense with passive players

I get so ****** off watching the Broncos and Vikings play knowing we won't ever field a defense like theirs until after Drew retires :(
We would have won multiple superbowls if we had even a defense that made stops regularly

Had a Top 5 Defense in Rob Ryan's first year. Best since Dome Patrol.

My biggest disappointing takeaway was the linebackers being constantly out of position and there were multiple plays where I saw two guys going for the same player and leaving another one way wide open. To me that shows a lack of communication and understanding where your teammates are.

They better spend hours in the film room, otherwise we'll see the same crap every week when their opponents try to do what Atlanta did.

I think we have to blame the coaches on that one. The Falcons are a division opponent, so we should be very familiar with their scheme,fakes, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom