Something I should have known for the preseason Dallas game.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone knows this or if it has been covered, but the last 4 times we have faced Dallas, we have beaten them. I remember a thread from a guy on here a couple of days ago where all of hi coworkers were Dallas fans. That would have been a useful piece of info for him since his coworkers seemed pretty concerned with the PAST, and not what is going on with the teams now.

As far as the current trend goes, Dallas is finaly trying to live up to the hype this year of having Parcells and being where they t"think" they should be. New Orleans, in my opinion, are finaly being coached by someone that can take the huge offensive talent we have had and do something with it. Of course having a league leading quarterback to be at the helm of the charge doesn't hurt either. I'm sure Payton is thrilled to have someone so football savy and such a competitor behind center.

Who knows, maybe our Saints will pull in the rest of Louisiana and get them to cheer for the Saints the way people do for LSU. I think Baton Rouge is starting to get behind the Saints a little more this season, so maybe we can get SHereveport and the rest of north LA as well. I was thorughly impressed by the turnout of the preseason game this year (even though there were too many Dallas fans), but I hope that maybe we can have some other preseason games throughout the state in the furture. I know it may take quite a bit for Benson to come back to Baton Rouge (the turnout and fan behavior really made ME angry) but I think it can be done. I will admit, at 1st I was a little peaved that they moved traing to MS, but overall, I think it turned out great, and we actualy went up there and it turned out to be a nice little trip.

I know I have wondered off the topic a bit, but my point is there have been so many different, positive things going on this year, I think if we play up to the coaches excptations, we can carry that streak on to 5 games this year, and get the inside track to the 2nd seed!

GEAUX SAINTS!

Good post. I think moving training camp to Jackson helped solidify the fan base in Mississippi a good bit, even if Shreeveport is still a Cowboys town, which is a damn shame.

Good opinion and insight in your post. I personally think that we should move training camp back to Louisiana. I mean if you don't want to have it in the normal place. How about Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Alexandria, Natchitoches, Monroe? I mean I am all for the "regional" team if it helps to keep them in New Orleans. Actually I think Alexandria makes sense because it is in the middle of the state. So you have a 2 hour trip from BR and a two hour trip from Shreveport. I wouldn't mind it being in Lafayette either though.

This isnt the same Dallas team we have beat 4 times in a row, it will be a very tuff game, if we are turnover free I think we should pull out a win again, if not...its going to be a crappy Monday

This isnt the same Dallas team we have beat 4 times in a row, it will be a very tuff game, if we are turnover free I think we should pull out a win again, if not...its going to be a crappy Monday

Not to argue at all, but this certainly isn't the same Saints team either!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom