Something inside of me broke (1 Viewer)

Will you continue to watch NFL games after this season?

• Yes

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 33.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
After that game and the worst no call in the history of sports I have not been interested in the NFL at all. I am planning on boycotting the Superbowl in protest but also have no desire to watch it.

I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy an NFL game again. It has just become a colossal waste of time and energy. I will still pull for the saints but will not support an organization like the NFL that puts out such a poor product. Games are always decided by referees now not the players on the field.

I was wondering if this is unique to me or if others feel the same way.

I’ll watch the sport. But I won’t pour much time into it outside of game days.

I won’t read long, detailed breakdowns or articles. Because, ultimately, you can do everything you need to do all year long to get to your final goal, and something completely separate from talent or strategy or even a chance bounce can take it all away.

So the amount of time I invest will drop dramatically.

I haven't watched an NFL game other than the Saints in about 15 years. Won't start now.

I will continue to watch the Saints but watching the NFL as a whole? I rather do something more with my time.

Last year I stopped watching NFL with the exception of Saints games because of the knee crap! I started this year when we went on a run because I wanted to see who we would be playing and how the competition going into the playoffs looked. Next year I go back to only watching the Saints! I am a long time season ticket holder who enjoys the games with my wife. I do not plan on stopping our enjoyment.

I don't know what I will do.

The only reason I kept going at the end of the 7-9 run was that it was nice way to spend a few hours with my dad. I got sucked in last year and then again this year into actually thinking we could win a SB, LOL.

I might go back, I might not. Again, spending a few hours drinking beer with my 75 year old dad is a good thing, and the Dome can be so much fun.

But if I do go back I certainly will never again allow myself to look at it as anything more than a semi-scripted drama, like Real Housewives of Wherever.

Yes, but only Saints games, just like last season. (I've had it in for the NFL for nearly 2 years)

After watching Loomis and Payton, and the responses from Gayle, Brees, Thomas, Kamara, and Jordan, I am already in for 2019.

Honestly, as bad as this is, even if it's a giant scripted docudrama, as long as I get to do it with a couple of million fellow lovers of New Orleans and the Saints, I'm in.

I just can't let Payton down after that T-shirt stunt yesterday. I'm all in again -- I'm going down swinging.

Ever since Bountygate, I've only followed the rest of the NFL peripherally. I try to get the Seahawks scores so I know if my neighbors will be happy or not. Other than that, the NFL's been dead to me.

Somehow after that...basically entire 4th quarter, it's gotten even deader.

I agree, after the bounty gate crap my fandom was shattered. I felt like the ownership did not do enough to protect this team or its players, and the players had to fight the system on their own. Which i felt some justification after their suspensions were overturned. But Coach Payton did not have the same ability and was not protected by the NFLPA and was left out to to deal with all of this on his own. But even after all of that i embraced the US vs the rest of the NFL world.

Then this happens and again. I feel like the ownership isn't doing enough. Not enough for the players or the fans or Coach Sean Payton. I get that true change must happen behind closed doors, but you have to make me believe that the Saints aren't going to roll over and take it. Because if you do, you are part of the problem, you take your fans for granted and your words have fell on deaf ears. You allow Godell to troll your fan base and not own up to its short comings.

The line between the Saints and the NFL has become blurred, and this time it doesn't feel so much like US vs The NFL. It feels like NFL owners and money VS Saints Fans.

I will watch the Saints. Very likely will not get Sunday Ticket. Will figure out how to watch games from out of market for free. Webcam looking at a TV in Louisiana might work. The free streaming thing would be great, but I'll need to get hooked up with the people who do that.

I don't plan to watch any other games during the season as of now. I suspect NFL ratings for non Saints games in New Orleans will plummet.

Very interested to see the Fake Bowl ratings in the Saints region.

The NFL doesn't get a dime from me already. I stream all my games, and never buy overpriced official NFL merchandise anyway.

I have never been more apathetic about the NFL in my life. I really despise Roger Goodell.

I'll still support my Saints. I just won't expect as much in return as I was expecting. Going forward, I'll just enjoy the ride and hope our boys are in contention to the end again. But I won't have dreams of superbowl trophies. Because evidently, we're not allowed to have those.

I'm disappointed because I'd love to follow just the Saints, but they're inseparable from the NFL. The time, money, and attention invested in the Saints is just passed onto Goodell, and the owners who continue to employ him.

I obviously still want them to win, but I'm giving up my season tickets. I likely won't be planning my fall Sundays around the Saints schedule anymore, and will try to enjoy the outdoors more.

Probably done with fantasy football, too.

I just never want to be in a position where I have so much hope in something, only to have it completely shattered like this. It's sucked, and I don't want to experience it again. The way the league is reacting has indicated that they're perfectly ok with that. No thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom