Something is Seriously Wrong With Kathy Griffin (1 Viewer)

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Unless you are an NFL ref, you have seen the fiasco sourrounding the students of Covington High and Nathan Phillips. Right after the story broke, Kathy Griffin tweeted that she wanted the high school students doxxed.

Even though that as the story has developed it has become clear that the students were not guilty of harrassing Nathan Phillips as originally reported, Griffin will not simply apologize and leave the kids alone. This is her latest idiocy:

Kathy_Griffin_c0-28-900-552_s885x516.jpg

Last edited:

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what this has to do with "fake news" and "alternative facts"?
You along with several others in here keep bringing up racism, but for the most part it only seems to be in regards to the white teens. There were several race driven comments/actions from all 3 sides. Why are the white kids, for the most part being labeled as the racists? Its a really simple question.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You along with several others in here keep bringing up racism, but for the most part it only seems to be in regards to the white teens. There were several race driven comments/actions from all 3 sides. Why are the white kids, for the most part being labeled as the racists? Its a really simple question.
I think some of it has to do with the definition of Racism vs Bigotry.

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
You are incorrect, at least in regards to my comments. This is my 5th post in this thread, and in none of them have I been the first to bring up racism. I have mentioned it once, and that was in direct response to you making an incorrect claim.

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You are incorrect, at least in regards to my comments. This is my 5th post in this thread, and in none of them have I been the first to bring up racism. I have mentioned it once, and that was in direct response to you making an incorrect claim.
So you're deferring the question to someone else who has mentioned race more than you have?

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There is a difference between a mistake and an intentional lie.

The news media saying he is a Vietnam Vet is fake news, yet you say it and it is... an honest mistake?

Also, a bunch of white kids mocking the song of a Native American is racist. To say otherwise is incorrect. This is not an opinion. This is a fact.

A fight does not have to be physical. The Black Israelite group was provoking them, and they were responding in kind.

It should not have been a thing at all, you are correct. It became a thing because two groups of people were jawing at one another and a third group attempted to intervene. Portraying the Covington kids as innocent is incorrect.
So we should ignore any information outside of the initial video that shows the Covington kids in a negative light? Why can we not utilize the new information to provide context?
No not at all but first lets get to what these kids did wrong that deserved all the initial attention in the first place. The initial outrage was that these kids were racist and disrespectful and only after that all fell apart did the secondary accusations start appearing.

So lets just stay with the initial outcry first.

Oye

shopgirl's metaphysic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And no, I don't think the OP intended some kind of thoughtful discussion.
Do you think having a meaningful political or social question is what the OP posed?

This seems to just be simple outrage at what a random D list Celebrity has "tweeted". is it really worth discussing?
pretty clear the intent, generally, as its par for the OP's course. This is but the latest attempt.

Manufactured outrage needs, well, manufacturing.

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
So you're deferring the question to someone else who has mentioned race more than you have?
No, I am saying that you are misrepresenting what I said. The fact that you immediately make false accusations while decrying fake news is pretty funny.

I am also saying that your entire line of questioning makes zero sense.

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
No not at all but first lets get to what these kids did wrong that deserved all the initial attention in the first place. The initial outrage was that these kids were racist and disrespectful and only after that all fell apart did the secondary accusations start appearing.

So lets just stay with the initial outcry first.
One of the things that the kids did wrong in the first place is actually confirmed. They mocked the culture of the Native Americans present. The expanded context of the Black Israelites apparently starting the initial confrontation with the Covington kids does not change that fact.

Then there is the video of these kids harassing a young woman walking down the street that same day that confirms that these kids are not sweet, innocent children being unjustly vilified by mainstream news sources.

Also, why does it matter when other accusations appear if there is credible proof of the accusations?

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what new info has come out or what has been proven/dis-proven, the kids went to a Right to Life rally decked out in MAGA gear, obviously to illicit a response, and they succeeded. It's not difficult to see why this Nick kid grew up to be a jack***, he was raised by a jack***.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Regardless of what new info has come out or what has been proven/dis-proven, the kids went to a Right to Life rally decked out in MAGA gear, obviously to illicit a response, and they succeeded. It's not difficult to see why this Nick kid grew up to be a jack***, he was raised by a jack***.
I think we tend to overlook the fact that kids this age have only just started becoming responsible for their own choices.

The adults in their lives have determined who they are. Eventually they will become who they choose, but it’s not an easily defined process.

The ire directed at them from adults they’ve never met should be directed at the adults around them. Any criticism we offer them directly should be constructive.

billinms

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I think we tend to overlook the fact that kids this age have only just started becoming responsible for their own choices.

The adults in their lives have determined who they are. Eventually they will become who they choose, but it’s not an easily defined process.

The ire directed at them from adults they’ve never met should be directed at the adults around them. Any criticism we offer them directly should be constructive.
The parents (and others) certainly have a lot to do with these kids' attitudes, which could cause them bigger problems if they don't learn from this.

UriUT

Veteran
Reaction score
pretty clear the intent, generally, as its par for the OP's course. This is but the latest attempt.

Manufactured outrage needs, well, manufacturing.
And then tell everyone that this playground has changed and don’t play nice, so they’re taking their ball and go home.

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
If those kids hadn't been wearing MAGA hats, the video wouldn't be viral and no one would be talking about it.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If those kids hadn't been wearing MAGA hats, the video wouldn't be viral and no one would be talking about it.
That is absolutely correct...

BTW- It has been reported that the boys that made the rude comments to the girls were not part of the Kentucky Catholic group.

also addressing this:

This is how Kentucky Voted in 2016.. 62% for Trump and 32% for Hillary.

kentucky vote.jpg

Could it be even remotely possible that the only message they wanted to relay was that they support the President?

billinms

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
But if they weren't wearing the MAGA hats, the BI group probably wouldn't have started yelling at them. :no:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Everything Else Board 2