Something is Seriously Wrong With Kathy Griffin (1 Viewer)

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Unless you are an NFL ref, you have seen the fiasco sourrounding the students of Covington High and Nathan Phillips. Right after the story broke, Kathy Griffin tweeted that she wanted the high school students doxxed.

Even though that as the story has developed it has become clear that the students were not guilty of harrassing Nathan Phillips as originally reported, Griffin will not simply apologize and leave the kids alone. This is her latest idiocy:

Kathy_Griffin_c0-28-900-552_s885x516.jpg

Last edited:

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
I've seen this picture posted twice now today on FB. People are actually believing that they are flashing a white power sign. SMH
People believe that Obama born in Kenya, Seth Rich was murdered by Hillary’s protectors and that there a secret child sex dungeon in the basement of a pizza joint in DC.

If people surprise you it’s because your expectations are too high.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
People believe that Obama born in Kenya, Seth Rich was murdered by Hillary’s protectors and that there a secret child sex dungeon in the basement of a pizza joint in DC.

There is a minority of fringe nuts on all sides but that does not excuse the MSM for empowering them and giving them a platform with the majority of the rational people trying to make the world a peaceful place.

rajncajn

Lurker Extrodinaire
Reaction score

When it's the same people who deride the other side for the idiocy of your examples it's not even humorous anymore, it's just sad. It never ceases to amaze me how gullible we can still be even after getting burned time & time again and then still insist that the next big scandal is gospel.

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score
When it's the same people who deride the other side for the idiocy of your examples it's not even humorous anymore, it's just sad. It never ceases to amaze me how gullible we can still be even after getting burned time & time again and then still insist that the next big scandal is gospel.
Yea, it’s got nothing to do with liberal or conservative though. Lots of people handicapped by confirmation bias on both sides. It’s a societal problem, not a political one.

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score
There is a minority of fringe nuts on all sides but that does not excuse the MSM for empowering them and giving them a platform with the majority of the rational people trying to make the world a peaceful place.
I can only speak about CNN, but they pretty much corrected the context as soon as more information was available.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Right is Unhinged!

It takes some talent, to take a stance of outrage about a tweet from a nobody, to then turn it into outrage at how far the radical left will go to be outraged.

It's like Cam Jordan layers on layers.. layers on layers of outrage.

See, we are the problem. Every single person talking about this is the problem. We are why the media gives stupid stuff extra coverage.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Right is Unhinged!

It takes some talent, to take a stance of outrage about a tweet from a nobody, to then turn it into outrage at how far the radical left will go to be outraged.

It's like Cam Jordan layers on layers.. layers on layers of outrage.

See, we are the problem. Every single person talking about this is the problem. We are why the media gives stupid stuff extra coverage.
OH heck no! You can;t come on here and blame everyone in order to alleviate your "cause" of its due indictment.

Good try though.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Start with my usual preface of Trump is awful, Democrats are awful and Republicans are awful.

That being said, I saw CNN's SE Cupp go full assault on these kids when she obviously did not have all of the facts. Major networks going full assault like this could have damaged these kids' futures for life and it was irresponsible to act like they did.

I don't think there is any way that I can be convinced CNN didn't really wanted the original story to be true because the kids were wearing MAGA hats. They pushed a narrative they wanted to be true without the proper journalism work because they thought it would hurt Trump. In the eyes of Trump and his supporters, they hung themselves and showed their bias.

I don't get how these major news networks can be so sloppy, knowing that Trump and his supporters are already calling them "fake news". I would think the #1 thing their management would push is that they have to be accurate in their rap war with Trump.

Fanincowboyland

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I still don't understand why this story has legs when there are so many more important political/cultural stories to cover. I have a friend on Facebook who is posting about this daily. He posted a meme yesterday that doesn't actually say it has anything to do with this controversy, but when I commented on the meme he lambasted me for not understanding the situation when we had come to a mutal understanding of the MAGA hat kids 2 days before. I get that we had a misunderstanding from the original story, but I didn't think it was that important to begin with.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So something started as a troll, to infuriate weak minded libs(using your words from above) has become a an actual sign for white supremacists?

Kathy Griffin, is that you?
Something tells me based on available evidence that Kathy Griffin is unlikely to recognize those subtleties or distinctions and is probably a wine cooler away from declaring Steph Curry a leader of the alt-right.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I still don't understand why this story has legs when there are so many more important political/cultural stories to cover. I have a friend on Facebook who is posting about this daily. He posted a meme yesterday that doesn't actually say it has anything to do with this controversy, but when I commented on the meme he lambasted me for not understanding the situation when we had come to a mutal understanding of the MAGA hat kids 2 days before. I get that we had a misunderstanding from the original story, but I didn't think it was that important to begin with.
People love a good outrage story, especially when it's outrage they can use on the "other" team.

This is the rare one where both sides got a turn with outrage.

Fanincowboyland

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
People love a good outrage story, especially when it's outrage they can use on the "other" team.

Good point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom