Something that aggravates me a bit.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Often in the red zone, SP will give Hill a play at quarterback on second down. If not converted it only allows Teddy one pass play to "go get that first down." I don't think it very effective as it limits Teddy's opportunities to move the chains. Nothing against Hill, I just think using Hill that close to the endzone limits the ability for Teddy to lead the offense to a TD. Thoughts?

Often in the red zone, SP will give Hill a play at quarterback on second down. If not converted it only allows Teddy one pass okay to "go get that first down." I don't think it very effective as it limits Teddy's opportunities to move the chains. Nothing against Hill, I just think using Hill that close to the endzone limits the ability for Teddy to lead the offense to a TD. Thoughts?

I do agree in a way. I love Taysom doing all these things. But this one play, I know exactly what it looks like as most of us... it really hasn’t been effective recently. I think our opponents are so ready to see us line up with it.

Who won...? :idunno:

Ya'll sound like LSU fans...:hihi:

It’s possible to be happy we won and still think we can do better.

U think the coaches think this was a perfect game or do they think there are things we can improve?

I hate this “we won, stop complaining” mentality

It’s stupid. Teddy is rolling and drives all the way down the field. Momentum is there. Then he takes him out.

I agree. Not the time to use taysom.

I think all of you are missing the reason. They were play planning on the sideline. Payton does it to save using a time out. It is a safe play that usually nets a gain and a fair number of times a big gain. Watch and you will see they have done the same with Drew as well.

I think Coach gets caught up in situational football at times. it kinda seems like a momentum killer, or at least slows it down some. but you need to find ways to get Hill on the field though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Taysom only played QB on first down today, didn't he? But I know what you mean.

It’s possible to be happy we won and still think we can do better.

U think the coaches think this was a perfect game or do they think there are things we can improve?

I hate this “we won, stop complaining” mentality
There will never be a perfect game

Another dumb call I can think of, AMBUSH!

Often in the red zone, SP will give Hill a play at quarterback on second down. If not converted it only allows Teddy one pass play to "go get that first down." I don't think it very effective as it limits Teddy's opportunities to move the chains. Nothing against Hill, I just think using Hill that close to the endzone limits the ability for Teddy to lead the offense to a TD. Thoughts?
Not a fan of using Hill, when the offense is in a nice rhythm. It tends to take the offense out of rhythm, regardless of the field position.

Not a fan of using Hill, when the offense is in a nice rhythm. It tends to take the offense out of rhythm, regardless of the field position.
What if he scored?

Seriously? Sean Payton is the 2nd best coach in the league, probable Hall of Famer, best offensive mind of the decade and you are really going to doubt his play calling after losing Brees then going 3-0 against a brutal schedule with a QB who hasn't played much in nearly 4 years. We all love Taysom, but just appreciate true greatness.

Exactly. And this is a message board. Nothing wrong with people talking about how our team can be better
You’re correct. And since it’s a message board, I added my .02 to the conversation. I see your posts and they’re respectable and knowledgeable so I appreciate your opinion fellow whodat. There will be mistakes in every single game that we can point out. I tend to overlook certain penalties and plays because the other team had to execute. They win some battles but our Saints win more of them and that’s how I see it. Some here and there are ok, namsayim?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom