Something that infuriates me (1 Viewer)

barto

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm getting so damned tired of listening to the talking heads on ESPN and NFL Radio/Network (Dilfer, Deion, Irvin, Gannon, Randy Cross, etc) talk about how the Giants game this week won't really matter whether we win or lose. Their explanation for it is because it's in our Dome and once we travel and play in cold weather, we won't be able to beat them.

Are we the only fans who are bright enough to know that if we win home field advantage, then we won't have to travel and play in cold weather?

Furthermore, if the Vikings were to end up being the #1 seed, then we still wouldn't have to go on the road in the cold weather. This of course, is assuming the Saints at least wrap up at least a 2 seed, which will be very probable as long as we beat the Giants this weekend, as we'll have the head to head tiebreaker.

It's like the talking heads either don't think or just don't care to use their freaking brains when they talk!

I'm getting so damned tired of listening to the talking heads on ESPN and NFL Radio/Network (Dilfer, Deion, Irvin, Gannon, Randy Cross, etc) talk about how the Giants game this week won't really matter whether we win or lose. Their explanation for it is because it's in our Dome and once we travel and play in cold weather, we won't be able to beat them.

Are we the only fans who are bright enough to know that if we win home field advantage, then we won't have to travel and play in cold weather?

Furthermore, if the Vikings were to end up being the #1 seed, then we still wouldn't have to go on the road in the cold weather. This of course, is assuming the Saints at least wrap up at least a 2 seed, which will be very probable as long as we beat the Giants this weekend, as we'll have the head to head tiebreaker.

It's like the talking heads either don't think or just don't care to use their freaking brains when they talk!

How can you lock up those top seeds to make sure you play in the dome when you will still have to travel in november and december and lose those games?

Not saying you're wrong or that you WILL lose them. But if its the media contention that you will, then that fact supports their claim.

How can you lock up those top seeds to make sure you play in the dome when you will still have to travel in november and december and lose those games?

Not saying you're wrong or that you WILL lose them. But if its the media contention that you will, then that fact supports their claim.

Here is our November/December Schedule

11/8 - Home versus Carolina
11/15 - @ St Louis (Dome)
11/22 - @ Tampa Bay (warm climate, crappy team)
11/30 - Home New England
12/6 - @ Washington (crappy team, cold climate)
12/13 - @ Atlanta (Dome and not a cold climate)
12/19 - Home Dallas
12/27 - Home Tampa
1/03 - @ Carolina (cold weather, but may not matter by then)

When is cold weather really going to be a factor? Washington? Please.....

Yeah, I hear dat. That's always annoyed me about the mainstream media, but I can't say that I completely disagree with them. I still remember that Championship game against the Bears. Coach Peyton thought it best to have the team practice indoors. I wondered about that reasoning. I mean, he's the coach right? Still though, it made no sense to me considering the forecast in Chicago called for possible snow, and that stadium is well known for it's miserable conditions.

We as Saints fan, have to hope for home field advantage. It just makes sense for a domed team. However... Anyone remember The Colts Superbowl the very same year. Yeah. A domed team homefield advantage, and a victory OUTDOORS IN THE RAIN, against a Rex Grossman quaterbacked Bear team. I think with our new found, extremely well-coached defense, we will be just fine!

I HOPE! lol

GEAUX SAINTS!! WHO DAT!!

Their explanation for it is because it's in our Dome and once we travel and play in cold weather, we won't be able to beat them.

So if we need a dome environment to beat them, how is it any better that they need bad weather to beat us. Isnt there D good enough to take care of buisness without sleet and snow?

They should at least look at the schedules before they make those statements.

Since when does a team top 10 in rushing and top 10 in defense have trouble winning in bad weather????

You know.. I'm not outraged. I'm used to this. I'll bet you that even after we win the Superbowl, the excuses will already be thick in the air at tick 0:00.

"They had an easy schedule leading up to this, still not a proven team."
"______________ was hurt or not playing up to his normal level, so it's a hollow victory."
"The field was the wrong shade of green and the other team was confused the whole game.."

etc etc etc.

Another thing, that really, really bothers me are domed teams being labeled "less physical". I hate it when they say that! It's simply not true.

Here is our November/December Schedule

11/8 - Home versus Carolina
11/15 - @ St Louis (Dome)
11/22 - @ Tampa Bay (warm climate, crappy team)
11/30 - Home New England
12/6 - @ Washington (crappy team, cold climate)
12/13 - @ Atlanta (Dome and not a cold climate)
12/19 - Home Dallas
12/27 - Home Tampa
1/03 - @ Carolina (cold weather, but may not matter by then)

When is cold weather really going to be a factor? Washington? Please.....

Washington is not that cold at the beginning of Dec. Probably low 50's during the day, possibly 40's. 30's during the day in early December is VERY unlikely. And Carolina never gets that cold, even in January.

Washington is not that cold at the beginning of Dec. Probably low 50's during the day, possibly 40's. 30's during the day in early December is VERY unlikely. And Carolina never gets that cold, even in January.

You're right! Damn that's comforting to think of too!! lol
Worst case scenario would be if Chicago finishes with a better record than us, and I just don't see that happening.

All of my second guessing keeps me from enjoying this wonderful season. Watchin' the Saints play at this awesome level, makes me a happy who dat.

Last edited:
So if we need a dome environment to beat them, how is it any better that they need bad weather to beat us. Isnt there D good enough to take care of buisness without sleet and snow?

:plus-un2: Very good point and I've never thought of it in that way. +1 rep.

Another thing, that really, really bothers me are domed teams being labeled "less physical". I hate it when they say that! It's simply not true.

It didnt hurt the Colts or the Rams in winning SBs. Considering all SBs are played in warm weather climates, if we can maintain HFA, I dont see any of that mattering.

It amazes me that all these players come from college teams from all over the country with very few playing in a dome stadium and most spent at least 4 years playing like this but the first year that they play in the NFL in a dome stadium they can't win outside anymore. Simply amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom