Something We Will Face For The First Time Against The Falcons.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey guys, that was a great win but I can't take more games like that or I will just lose my nails or something. Anyway, facing the Falcons next week will be the first time this year that we will be facing a team coming off a loss their previous games this season.

The Lions was the first game then the Eagles just beat the Panther and the Bills over the Bucs. The Jets, Giants and Dolphins were coming off wins as well. I'm not saying that the result will be different this time but it's kinda strange to see that happen in week 8.

Nobody has faced the Saints after coming off a near loss this year either.

I pity the Falcons

We'll see how good of a coach Mike Smith is this week... if those guys come out Monday Night and there is any doubt on their faces about their team I think our guys jump all over them and bury them pretty quick. If he can get them to re-focus, and play hard I think it will be a battle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but under Smith I don't believe the Falcons have lost back to back games yet?

hey guys, that was a great win but i can't take more games like that or i will just lose my nails or something. Anyway, facing the falcons next week will be the first time this year that we will be facing a team coming off a loss their previous games this season.

The lions was the first game then the eagles just beat the panther and the bills over the bucs. The jets, giants and dolphins were coming off wins as well. I'm not saying that the result will be different this time but it's kinda strange to see that happen in week 8.
after yesterday i dont care who the saints are playing:9:saints have a chance to go up 3 games next week..just saying falcons better bring there A game

I was thinking the same thing. The media will be down on the Falcons all week because they laid a turd against the Cowgirls, but let's not fool ourselves..this is a playoff caliber team, and I'm sure Payton and staff realize this.

Hey guys, that was a great win but I can't take more games like that or I will just lose my nails or something. Anyway, facing the Falcons next week will be the first time this year that we will be facing a team coming off a loss their previous games this season.

The Lions was the first game then the Eagles just beat the Panther and the Bills over the Bucs. The Jets, Giants and Dolphins were coming off wins as well. I'm not saying that the result will be different this time but it's kinda strange to see that happen in week 8.

Technically, yes. But the Lions more than made up for it by losing their previous 17 games.

The running game will be in full effect for Atlanta. Count on it. I predict turner will run hard between the tackles and could gash for a couple of big plays.

Division Game + Statement Game + Chance to Make a huge impact on the Playoff standings in the NFC.

Not a trap game, but an obvious big game.

I disagree, fellow Greenie. Turner hasn't played well this year, and they may start giving Snelling a lot more carries.

I think Payton and company have had this game circled on their calendars since the schedule came out. There's nothing better than a Monday night game against a division rival, and I think Payton is going to pull out all the stops to put the Falcons away early and keep this game out of reach.

I was thinking the falcons will be more determined if possible to win monday, but being a division game, this will be a hard fight.

The running game will be in full effect for Atlanta. Count on it. I predict turner will run hard between the tackles and could gash for a couple of big plays.

Division Game + Statement Game + Chance to Make a huge impact on the Playoff standings in the NFC.

Not a trap game, but an obvious big game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/4356/whatever-happened-to-michael-turner

If Turner and the running game don’t snap the slump, Atlanta’s entire team again will be thrown off its formula and any chance at an NFC South title could forever slip away. Just imagine what Drew Brees can do against Atlanta’s struggling defensive backs if Turner and the offense keep going three and out?

Maybe. Maybe not.

I think our guys know this is a chance to go up 3 games in the South.

something else to note:

anyone notice how every team we have played this year was considered a top 5 until we played them? all of them have self destructed the week after we played them.

:hihi:

something else to note:

anyone notice how every team we have played this year was considered a top 5 until we played them? all of them have self destructed the week after we played them.

:hihi:
I think the Giants and Eagles may have been top 5 when we played them, and the Jets were near it too, so that's pretty close to the truth. The Lions are the only "easy" team we've played this year, but they're not even close to the worst team this year, and it was a difficult game in the sense that it was an almost entirely re-built team, and desperate to break the losing streak. Without a doubt we've faced one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, so our record is that much more impressive.

I know if we win...we technically go up 3 games in the division but....we really go up 3 1/2 games due to head to head competition at the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom