Sometimes a Muslim is a Better Christian than a Baptist Evangelical (1 Viewer)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nadiya Hussain: The Great British Bake Off winner reveals racial abuse - BBC News

Nadiya, 31, continued: "I expect to be shoved or pushed or verbally abused because that happens. It's been happening for years."
Asked by host Kirsty Young how she reacted, she said she did not retaliate.

"I feel like there's a dignity in silence, and I think if I retaliate to negativity with negativity, then we've evened out," she said.

"And I don't need to even that out because if somebody's being negative, I need to be the better person.

"Because I've got young children, the one thing I don't want my kids to do is have a negative attitude to living in the UK because, yes, there are those negative people, but they are the minority."
<aside class="quote">
She added: "I love being British and I love living here and this is my home and it always will be.

</aside>

"Regardless of all the other things that define me, this is my home. And I want my kids to be proud of that, and I don't want my kids to grow up with a chip on their shoulder.

"So I live as positively as I can and all those things that do happen to me, hey, it happens but it happens to other people too and we deal with it."

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There was a recent article about a Gallup poll that asked who are the people who have negative opinions of immigrants? It turns out that people who actually know immigrants have an overall positive opinion of them and their contribution to society. The people who have an overall negative opinion of immigrants are people who don't know any immigrants and have very few immigrants in their communities.

It said basically the same thing about Trump supporters. Even though they haven't personally experienced ill effects from immigration, they live in overwhelmingly homogenous communities with no friends or even acquaintances of color or with immigrant status. Therefore it's easy for them to swallow the prevailing line about Mexican or Muslim immigrants.

Muslim, Mexican or other immigrants are no different than my ancestors or yours. They come to this country to improve their lives. They work hard and love this country. It makes no sense to try to paint them as different.

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Op you do understand that Muslims and Christians are 2 totally separate things right?

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Op you do understand that Muslims and Christians are 2 totally separate things right?
His point was that the Muslim woman was following the teachings of Jesus with a much higher level of accuracy than way too many who claim to be Christians do.

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Now as far as practicing their faith I think they overall do a much better job than the majority of Christians do. I think if you look at the majority of churches in this country which is by far a Christian country they aren't filled up each and every Sunday. But when the call to prayer comes in Muslim countries you can bet that most Muslims are praying. I respect that.

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Muslims don't believe Jesus was the son of God and some don't think Jesus died on the cross. They feel that either he did not die there or he was substituted by another man. One way you can look at their beliefs is that Jesus was the opening act for Mohammed and nothing more.

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
Muslims don't believe Jesus was the son of God and some don't think Jesus died on the cross. They feel that either he did not die there or he was substituted by another man. One way you can look at their beliefs is that Jesus was the opening act for Mohammed and nothing more.
And this has something to do with the OP's post how, exactly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
And this has something to do with the OP's post how, exactly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Other than the fact that Muslims are not Christians as he put in the title nothing I guess. But when you say that Muslims are better Christians I like to think words have meanings.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
His point was that the Muslim woman was following the teachings of Jesus with a much higher level of accuracy than way too many who claim to be Christians do.
But Christians who do not follow the Bible as "we" perceive the Bible aren't really Christians, right?

/ObamaAdministrationLogic

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
I'll try to explain it this way for you. Christians have a set of beliefs and practices that are tenets of the religion. The lady in this article is not a Christian by faith yet her actions are more closely aligned to the Christian tenets than most people who are actually Christians practice. It's like an atheist doing and following the practices of Christianity better than an actual Christian. I thought it was pretty easy to follow.

OP
Galbreath34

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the ideals this woman is living up to are the ones Christians aspire to. Unfortunately, especially in political contexts in America there seems to be a lot less of honoring non-retaliation and restraint in judging others (until you've looked after the beam in your own eye) and a lot more on the pre-Christ judgment of others. Many of those mouth "Christians" are quick to tell us how dangerous and deadly Muslims all are, every last one of them.

If you can't see the beauty of what she's saying, I'm not sure how you see the beauty in what He taught.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)