Song of Ice & Fire: GoT Spoilers Within (1 Viewer)

24142b6c46ff4af668792b4f7f87fec9.jpg

I guess I just have to much faith in Edmure that he would not sell his house down the river (no pun intended). If he was a dead man, and still is, why even strike the deal and seat the Frey's back in riverrun? Just let them carry out sentence and be done with it, your life is forfeit at that point.

I think a puppet Tully is more useful than open revolt from Tully vassals if they put anyone else up there. You may be right, Edmure could be killed next week with Frey taking the a seat at riverrun. I personally think Edmure will rule at Riverrun and he has turned on his former allies.

Jaime promised to fetch his newborn son and launch it from a catapult into the walls of Riverrun if he didn't comply. Granted a son he's never known, but still strong enough motivation to get him to turn over the castle when somewhere along the lines by rights it would belong to that son. There was also the carrot of the son being raised as royalty and trained as a knight etc.

So he did it for family.

Jaime promised to fetch his newborn son and launch it from a catapult into the walls of Riverrun if he didn't comply. Granted a son he's never known, but still strong enough motivation to get him to turn over the castle when somewhere along the lines by rights it would belong to that son. There was also the carrot of the son being raised as royalty and trained as a knight etc.

So he did it for family.

I agree,

He did it for his new Family, with the intention of him being the head of Riverrun (albeit a Lannister vassal), and his son eventually taking the rightful seat of house riverrun, and completing the frey/tully union and giving Walder what he was after from the start.

I maintain the notion that Edmure did the right thing for himself, and upheld up his end of the bargain from the start. He was right to surrender the castle IMO.

That quoted post is the end of an exchange with someone who thought Edmure was a dead man after accepting Jamie's deal and they Frey would take Riverrun, and execute him. I think Edmure got much more out of the deal than that, but that remains to be seen.

But, how about Euron the skinchanger.

Could explain the dhario coincidences, could explain why he gave Victarion the Dusky Woman, could explain why his mongrels are willing blow that damn horn even though it means certain doom. Dude is a skin changer! He is held up on the silence with weak minded individuals whom he can easily control, who have no means to communicate his atrocities to the outside world, and he plants these people where he needs them to keep tabs on what is happening, and directs them to do his bidding.

I CAN NOT WAIT for winds of winter!

I agree,

He did it for his new Family, with the intention of him being the head of Riverrun (albeit a Lannister vassal), and his son eventually taking the rightful seat of house riverrun, and completing the frey/tully union and giving Walder what he was after from the start.

I maintain the notion that Edmure did the right thing for himself, and upheld up his end of the bargain from the start. He was right to surrender the castle IMO.

That quoted post is the end of an exchange with someone who thought Edmure was a dead man after accepting Jamie's deal and they Frey would take Riverrun, and execute him. I think Edmure got much more out of the deal than that, but that remains to be seen.

Ah, missed that previous post. I don't think Jaime ever even threatened to kill Edmure. He threatened to kill all of Edmure's family and then stick him in a deep dark dank cell below Casterly so he'd hate life for a long time. I think you are correct in the rather than death he gets to live as a high born prisoner and be treated with a bit of dignity while his son is raised with more prospects.

I'm really growing to despise Martin. Stumbled across an update he posted.

He had the nerve to post this as an update on his blog yesterday: https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

Dude, you're never going to finish these books. If the Pandemic didn't supply you with enough time to sit down and write these books, nothing will. You absolutely had no reason to travel or do anything but sit in your home for the past 8 months. Three years ago he penned this letter explaining how he really thought it would be finish after he was months away. Three years later it makes that entire letter read like a blatant lie. It's his book, fine. Don't finish it. But stop with these condescending posts pretending to be getting closer. What's the point? With each new post about the book he just comes across as a bigger and bigger *******.

Oh...and then he had the never to give an update about his new show on HBO. LOL, I'm not watching that sheet after what you let them do to GoT. Unless it's a redo of the ending, I can't imagine anyone wanting to get invested. Never has a long running TV series ever discredit itself and ruin its legacy so quickly.

Last edited:
I remember years ago he said the last book (6) was basically done but that it was too big so he’d have to break it into two books. What a joke.

Met him or should I say stared at him a few years back while working in Santa Fe, at a Starbucks located at the DeVargas Shopping Mall. It appears that he likely hangs out over there because in the mall that the Starbucks is located in/on there is an old Book store that has plenty of autographed copies of his books, just choose whatever title you are looking for.

I told the folks back at the hospital I bumped into George R. R. Martin and they asked me who that was. I told them the Game of Thrones author and that didn't help. I should have told them the old guy who owns Meow Wolf than they would have known.

1605119194679.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom