Song of Ice & Fire: GoT Spoilers Within (1 Viewer)

So will the Iron Islands attack the Reach once the Tyrells send their arm to Kings Landings? Makes sense to me.

Jamie knows war. And cersei does know politics. They just got one pseudorival to attack an enemy. They know what they're doing.

But yeah. That WAS Euron. I just meant they may cut a lot of him out. Isn't there only two shorterned seasons left....or was that just rumor?

Martin has said that he spread everyone out pretty far, and the conclusion would be a convergence of story lines.

With limited episodes after this season ends, I believe we have that process already started on the show.

Jon and Sansa are together, and the Knights of the Vale are emerging to fight with them, along with the Wildlings. The North should be settled shortly, and focused on the Others.

Bran, according to the vision in the preview, gets involved with the Others, tying that story line together.

The kingsmoot is happening, and the armies of High Garden are headed to Kings Landing, leaving their coast open to the new Iron Island invasion. Sam is on his way there, so that connects some dots.

The Dothraki are back in with Daenerys, and the slaver reminded the audience that he has a fleet for her to take to Westeros.

Something will happen with Dorne, probably at Cersei's trial by combat. And that something will probably lead to some River Land activities.

So, it looks to me as though the march to the climax is well underway.

Jamie knows war. And cersei does know politics. They just got one pseudorival to attack an enemy. They know what they're doing.

But yeah. That WAS Euron. I just meant they may cut a lot of him out. Isn't there only two shorterned seasons left....or was that just rumor?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jamie does know war, but he failed at that. Robb Stark was trouncing the Lannister army. It wasn't until Catelyn decided to release the King Slayer that the tides turned.

I would consider that a great fortune of luck that his enemy would be a complete fool and commit treason to try and save her daughters, and subsequently kill her Son. Jamie was not smart, he was lucky.

Cersei is a damn fool though. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise. Did you forget that the reason they have a common enemy is because she armed the faith militant because she was so incredibly short sighted and wanted the Tyrell's to suffer. LMAO she is terrible at this game of politics. Its going to be funny when the valonqar wraps his hands around her throat and she realizes its Jamie, not Tyrion that she should have been worried about.

Cersei would have been wiped out long ago if it wasn't for a boar, Tyrion, and Tywin.

As far as Euron, there are only a handful of Chapters in the books with him in it. His arrival is at the Kingsmoot, (balon dies off page in asos) next time we see him is after the invasion of the shield isles (Victarion is the one who leads the invasion). If they kick it into gear they can cover all the stuff from the books in a couple episodes. The important stuff is really the Kingsmoot, invade the reach, celebrate in the great hall of the shield isles and give the 4 islands to Victarion's greatest allies, Send Victarion to slavers bay to fetch the Targaryen princess to be his bride. Throw in some filler to show the show watchers just how awesome Euron is because all the foreshadowing in the books was missed out on. Done deal, the best character in the books, brought to life on the screen.

Jamie was losing to Robb. But Robb was pretty damn good. It doesn't mean Jamie sucked at strategy just because Robb was besting him.

But this was all about the Lannister vs Dorne thing. The two of them together are smart enough to realize they can't go to war with the only house untouched by war while The Sparrow is still in power.

Jamie was losing to Robb. But Robb was pretty damn good. It doesn't mean Jamie sucked at strategy just because Robb was besting him.

But this was all about the Lannister vs Dorne thing. The two of them together are smart enough to realize they can't go to war with the only house untouched by war while The Sparrow is still in power.

Well I agree that invading Dorne, as even Aegon the Conqueror learned, is probably a useless waste of resources. Perhaps there is no winnable invasion plan so all they can do is wait for Dorne to bring the fight to them, and just be ready when they get there.

But I still don't think either are smart. I mean Jamie trusts Cersei still, he's stupid!

I have a feeling he will find out about all of Cersei's adultries at the upcoming trial, because Tyrion was suppose to tip him off in the Tunnels and he never did. But Jamie has got to sour on her at some point IMO as he has in the books (...she's ******* Osmund Kettleblack) as I believe he is the younger brother, if only by minutes, that the witch predicted will do Cersei in.

Speaking of smart, The two smartest guys in probably all of westeros have got to be Petyr Baelish, and Varys. I couldn't help but notice that the two people who everyone thinks are going to have the story play out are both on collision courses for...you guessed it. I personally am starting to think Bealish and Varys are the two puppet masters pulling all the strings for reasons currently unknown to me.

But Dany will be with Varys, and Jon will be with Petyr. Keeping my eye out for those two. They could be the 2 playing this game of thrones, and probably just like in the movie trading places, they are doing it for a dollar... That is my new theory!

Jamie does know war, but he failed at that. Robb Stark was trouncing the Lannister army. It wasn't until Catelyn decided to release the King Slayer that the tides turned.

I would consider that a great fortune of luck that his enemy would be a complete fool and commit treason to try and save her daughters, and subsequently kill her Son. Jamie was not smart, he was lucky.

Cersei is a damn fool though. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise. Did you forget that the reason they have a common enemy is because she armed the faith militant because she was so incredibly short sighted and wanted the Tyrell's to suffer. LMAO she is terrible at this game of politics. Its going to be funny when the valonqar wraps his hands around her throat and she realizes its Jamie, not Tyrion that she should have been worried about.

Cersei would have been wiped out long ago if it wasn't for a boar, Tyrion, and Tywin.

As far as Euron, there are only a handful of Chapters in the books with him in it. His arrival is at the Kingsmoot, (balon dies off page in asos) next time we see him is after the invasion of the shield isles (Victarion is the one who leads the invasion). If they kick it into gear they can cover all the stuff from the books in a couple episodes. The important stuff is really the Kingsmoot, invade the reach, celebrate in the great hall of the shield isles and give the 4 islands to Victarion's greatest allies, Send Victarion to slavers bay to fetch the Targaryen princess to be his bride. Throw in some filler to show the show watchers just how awesome Euron is because all the foreshadowing in the books was missed out on. Done deal, the best character in the books, brought to life on the screen.

I totally agree with you Quincy about Cersei. she is a vain, vengeful, idiotic fool. She cares more about what people think of her and how much power she has or about getting even with people than taking care of her kids and family. Her idiotic decisions have already cost her two kids, her father, and here dignity. She is the one that helped kill Robert and start this whole sequence into action.

She cared more about getting over on Margery that it blinded her to the real threat of the faith militant and it cost her. She is even worse in the books than on the show, but she is still an awful awful human being.

I mentioned in the other GOT thread about how I really don't care about any of the characters in King's landing right now. The only I kind of feel for is margaery. The others I don't give .02 cents about. They have dragged this 'High Sparrow' story line out for too long and it just seems so unimportant now with all of the other more engaging storylines going on right now. Every since Tyrion and Varys left King's landing it has felt more like a bad daytime soap opera.

And on a prediction note, I too think Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei. But then after he does it I think he might kill himself since he is so distraught over losing her and as one final middle finger to his dad as the Lannister line would be over, somewhat. Just totally MO though.

Cersei is emotional and blinded by her black and white thinking but I think the loathe people have for her can mask that she actually is decent at the Game of Thrones. She is no where near Littlefinger and Varys.....who is?....and beneath Tywin and Tyrion....and the Tyrells. But she knows a thing or two and there is a pile of bodies behind her to prove it. Some very wise and powerful players had their game ended due to her. Knowing not to take on Dorne with The Sparrow right there is pretty elementary.

Cersei's problem is she's short sighted. She never looks at the long game, it's all about instant gratification for her whims. She can manipulate and play the game, yeah, but as has already been pointed out, her handing over power to the High Sparrow solely to screw over the Margaery and Loras represented a move of someone who gave zero thought as to what the long-term ramifications of that would be, and she ended up paying for it.

She has no concept of doing what's "best for business," so to speak. She's too black and white. Stuff either benefits her/her family or it doesn't, and when it doesn't she lets her grudges too often inform her behavior. And she's often far too petty for her own good. She doesn't play politics well at all. She has no nuance in her approach. Tywin could be absolutely brutal and was not a jolly guy, but he knew when to use the soft touch or leave well enough alone. She has no concept of that. She's like the absolute worst of his traits cranked up to 11 without any common political sense to balance it out.

Cersei's problem is she's short sighted. She never looks at the long game, it's all about instant gratification for her whims. She can manipulate and play the game, yeah, but as has already been pointed out, her handing over power to the High Sparrow solely to screw over the Margaery and Loras represented a move of someone who gave zero thought as to what the long-term ramifications of that would be, and she ended up paying for it.

She has no concept of doing what's "best for business," so to speak. She's too black and white. Stuff either benefits her/her family or it doesn't, and when it doesn't she lets her grudges too often inform her behavior. And she's often far too petty for her own good. She doesn't play politics well at all. She has no nuance in her approach. Tywin could be absolutely brutal and was not a jolly guy, but he knew when to use the soft touch or leave well enough alone. She has no concept of that. She's like the absolute worst of his traits cranked up to 11 without any common political sense to balance it out.

Kind of like Ramsay Bolton.

So who is left that can see long and manipulate the situation? Little finger and Tyrian and Varys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who is left that can see long and manipulate the situation? Little finger and Tyrian and Varys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrion is really only around at this point because Varys wishes it.

This all started with Litterfinger convincing Lady Arryn (Cats sister) to kill Lord Arryn in Westeros.

Varys is the one in contact with Illryo as we learned when Arya follow that cat into the crypts. Illryo is the one who arrainged the marriage to Khal Drogo and gifted Dany her dragon eggs.

Think about it.

Varys and littlefinger are drinking in some brothel boasting about their own prowess when they decide to issue each other a challenge.
"I can put anyone on the Iron Throne" said Varys.
"Oh really" littlefinger replies, are you up for a little wager. We will each choose someone for the other, and the one who gets his person on the throne, wins the game of thrones" V: "Very Well, who will you choose"
LF: "Daenerys Targaryen"
V:"A GIRL, and a targaryen at that. Why that is not fair.
LF"So your saying you can't"
V: I didn't say I can't.... very well, The targaryen girl. Are you ready to know who you will have to put on the throne"
LF: "Patiently waiting"
V: "Do you remember your old friend Eddard Stark"
LF: "Ned Stark, why Varys you make it to easy"
V: "I didn't say Ned Stark"
LF: "Who then"
V: (laughing) "His ******* Jon Snow"

than Bran wakes up...

Ok, but really. If you want to include books Doran has to be up there, Stannis is still capable, Selmey is a smart. Just the show Varys, Littlefinger, Davos, Tyrion I think are all long term thinkers. I think you'd have to consider Jorah, he had a great plan in play, just fell for Daenerys, and her cause.

Yeah. Tyrion is great. But he is no Littlefinger or Varys. It's like Tyrion can set moves up and he knows the general moves that need to be made but Littlefinger and Varys see almost every move for the rest of the game.

Of course it could just be that Tyrion puts a target on his back and Littlefinger and Varys don't. Like a game of Spaced Invaders. Tyrion is doing some mad things but the line of enemies are always so close while Varys and Littlefinger keep the line at the top.

But good point that Tyrion is only alive because of Varys. Littlefinger and Varys are really on their own level.

But what better way to end the books than Varys vs Littlefinger? I would prefer they end up adversaries as opposed to allies.

The ending =( Poor Hodor, poor Summer.

I was really sad to see Bran's group take such a massive hit like that. Stupid Bran! Why did you have to go to that place. You couldn't have just gone to the Tower of Joy and gotten to the bottom of that for us first.

I'm interested to figure out how much of the present Bran has effected. Hodor was Hodor before Bran was even a twinkle in Ned's eye so i'm curious what we get to happen. I'm also curious if Bran coming to the realization that he was responsible for Hodor, years before he exsisted will draw him to TRY and alter the past. Someone with those capibilities would be a pretty formidable person. I have a feeling Bran is going to take a turn for the worse with his new found abilities. But I have no idea what going on with anything anymore. I have to say tho, that GRRM with that ending kinda shows why he is on another level as a writer than anything ive seen altered by the show writers. That was a tie in I never saw coming, and when it happened, I just thought wow to myself. I was kinda floored how that all tied in together.

Arya's scenes were a little slow this episode, but I like the crytic dialouge with Ja'qen, I am really curious how Arya is going to tie back into the main story and what role she will play in the westeros story. The girl is still someone IMO, she was very bothered by the depictation of her father in that play. I don't think she does as she is told, and the girl will have trouble serving. I can't see her time being long in the house of black and white.

Sansa is very power hungry, and just when it looks like Littlefinger has lost his edge, he gets EXACTLY what he wants. Brienne is going to riverrun to get support of the Tulley army so Sansa has her own. The Vale has an untouched Army, and have just been asked to remove themsleves from the battle of the North. Littlefinger gets to keep his army, all the while looking like he is trying to jump into the frey. Littlefinger with the strongest army in Westeros is bad news for anyone who opposes him. He is still playing chess.

Dany is free, Jorah is off to find a cure, and Dahiro I don't think said one word. Tyrion and Varys know how to play the game. Mereen in what appears a form of peace between the Harpy's and Dany's people. The masters still want her gone and have offered her ships, although I think she finda all the support she needs in Westeros. I am just hoping her time in Essos is short. I really can't wait for her to make her way to Westeros, and I think she will tie into Dorne and the Sand Snakes. Something about Ellira's line that no weak men will rule Dorne again. I think its foreshadowing for Dany's return. The Targaryen/Martell alliance is well documented, and they share a passion for hating Lannisters.

Varys I am not so sure is with Dany, the line about having nothing to fear if he truely supports Dany, and his facial expression lead me to believe he could have an alterior motive in play here. It was highly theorized that he is a Blackfyre, and Faegon (I assume he is fake aegon since he was ommited from the show) Is theorized as a blackfyre. Curious to see what his end game motive is.

Completely dissapointed with the Kingsmoot. Asha, and Theon should have gotten out of doge when they had the chance, but the entire iron fleet to up and turn on Euron literally 10 seconds after they appoint him just seems like more bad writing to me. I think its going to draw out the Iron Island stuff, draw out the invasion of the reach, and put Euron in a petty squabble with Asha, and Theon instead of with an eye on the ultimate prize. No dragon horn, no eyepatch, no crew of the silence, no stories from Ib to Asshai, and no loyalty from the Ironborn. If that many people did not want him as king, and that many people were going to leave the iron islands with Euron in command, how they hell did he get command in the first place. Why did those people not go to the kingsmoot and proclaim for Theon or Asha. I guess I should have known the show would not do it justice in my eyes, because Euron is the best character in the book in my eyes and I had very lofty expectations. But I get the feeling this is just going to fall flat. I did chuckled at the look he gave Theon along with his line of galavanting over to Dany.

All in all it was a decent episode, even if slowed a bit by heavy dialoge and the play in Bravos was a bit drawn out. But I think it was important to remind us that Arya is not completey gone yet, and the girl is still someone. Bran's scenes were great from a moving the story to whats really important and the real threat north of the wall. I really hope GRRM is more involved with wrapping up these stories. Alot of the changes made seem drastic to me, and unnecessary, but if the ends are the same and its from GRRM's mind the means will be justified.

5 more episodes, I can't wait for Sunday!

I think the play served to remind/rekindle Arya's memories of Sansa and Ned.
I'm not sure she knew Sansa had been wed to Tyrion and what became of her after?

When they left our all of the iron born drama until this season, I had a fear it meant Euron would be down played. Seems like that's the case.

I feel like the play combined with having to kill a good person at the behest of a selfish one will draw Arya back to Westeros.

The Hodor part was epic.

Simply epic.

But the after the show comments were great to hear that it was all done according to GRRM. Great to know the show isn't just going off on places. I think when all is said and done, the show will be missing minor characters and parts but the major plot points and ending will all be the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom