Song of Ice & Fire: GoT Spoilers Within (1 Viewer)

Lots of people also looking for a Syrio return in Bravvos.

Not I,

Look if Syrio is Jaqen hagar, it means Syrio is dead too... they were using his face for something else when traning Arya.

We all forget that Ja'qen even transformed to his real face for Arya, he was not the man we see.

Syrio is dead!, now if he was a faceman all along remains to be seen, but if they were using his face, he is dead.

Not I,

Look if Syrio is Jaqen hagar, it means Syrio is dead too... they were using his face for something else when traning Arya.

We all forget that Ja'qen even transformed to his real face for Arya, he was not the man we see.

Syrio is dead!, now if he was a faceman all along remains to be seen, but if they were using his face, he is dead.

Did it say somewhere that a person needs to be dead for them to use their face? I don't remember that stipulation although it makes sense. Others have pointed out that Ja'qen used Arya's face once before last season. So, I don't think death is required.

While the Syrio story would be nice, I don't think it will work out that way. But it does make you wonder how Ja'qen ended up in that paddy wagon heading for the wall :scratch: There is no way he was in there unless he wanted to be.

But things get stagnant in Mereen and her whole reason for staying, and trying to rule there and change their ways of life ruined her character for me.

I just rewatched the whole series this week. I skipped over her parts because they are all stale. Until she crosses the Narrow Sea, her story is bogged down, and Im not intereested in her or her dragons. Tyrion and Varys need to head North or their characters will fall in her trap. Im tired of her storyline. The very few parts that are interesting are not enough for me to want to see them again.

Man the Dany hate is strong in here. I don't get it. It's not like they've invest tons of time her storyline this year.

I think the reason for the hate is her story is just boring. We keep getting promised fire and brimstone from her character but as of now it's just been all talk. What has she really done? Yes she "gave birth" to the dragons, but what did she do with them? She chained them up in a dungeon. If the dragons are as smart as we are lead to believe I don't think they would forget that move. I think most people are just tired of all the character promises and no results. She talks a tough game in all of her speeches in front of crowds but we never see any action.

Did it say somewhere that a person needs to be dead for them to use their face? I don't remember that stipulation although it makes sense. Others have pointed out that Ja'qen used Arya's face once before last season. So, I don't think death is required.

While the Syrio story would be nice, I don't think it will work out that way. But it does make you wonder how Ja'qen ended up in that paddy wagon heading for the wall :scratch: There is no way he was in there unless he wanted to be.

It is never said, but its certainly implied in the books.

Take Pate and the alchemist for example. The alchemist is more than likely the faceless man we know was Jaqen. He is on a mission in old town currently, and just met Samwell, but he did it as Pate, who was killed in the opening chapter by the poisoned gold coin. In the books they do not wear the faces, They change them with some sort of magic, but its implied you have to be in that hall of faces to access the face. I think if Syrio was a faceless man he would have been killed. The faceless men certainly wouldn't be running around telling everyone his name and that he was the first sword of Braavos.

But rereading the post I quoted, he isn't implying that the return has to support the faceless man theory going around. One thing we have learned is if they did not die on screen (or on page) then don't presume them dead (and even a couple who do die, aren't dead)

I could see it entirely plausible that Syrio returns as Syrio because he never dies and got away in season 1. I just don't think there is enough to support the theory that its been Syrio/Jaqen/kindly man, the same faceless man with Arya this whole time guiding her path. If he was, why not reveal himself sooner, or at the house of black an white as the kindly man, or in the riverlands when he parts with Arya and shows his true face. If he is all of these people, why does he choose to be Jaqen the most.

Faceless man theory, I'm a No on. He escaped Kings landing and they cross paths again somewhere I think is plausible.

Man the Dany hate is strong in here. I don't get it. It's not like they've invest tons of time her storyline this year.

Do you even wonder why?

Look at Arya's journey with the characters of Yoren, Jaqen, The Hound, the band of brothers her training in house black and white, Winterfell, to Kings landing, to the riverlands (mother and brother dead), the vale (aunt dead) back to the riverlands (leaves hound) to braavos and so on.

Tyrion, winterfell to the wall taken hostage and to the vale, meets Bronn (a great character) to kings landing to as hand of the king, betrayed by his family, released by his brother, kills his father escapes kings landing, meets Aegon and that company, kidnapped by Jorah travels to meeren...

Dany had a great story going...then she got to Meeren and its completely bogged down with people that no one gives a **** about. Its time to move on. He character is boring and can't hold her weight.

All these other stories are AWESOME! there are 195 pages released of winds of winter they are awesome! Jon Snow, Tyrion, Arya, Stannis, Theon, ... think of everything these characters have done while Dany has been in Meeren in a civil war that currently is going no where.

It is never said, but its certainly implied in the books.

I haven't read them in a while but I remember having the impression that death was required. Then someone else mentioned Arya's face being used in the other thread. Another of the differences I suppose.

Take Pate and the alchemist for example. The alchemist is more than likely the faceless man we know was Jaqen. He is on a mission in old town currently, and just met Samwell, but he did it as Pate, who was killed in the opening chapter by the poisoned gold coin. In the books they do not wear the faces, They change them with some sort of magic, but its implied you have to be in that hall of faces to access the face. I think if Syrio was a faceless man he would have been killed. The faceless men certainly wouldn't be running around telling everyone his name and that he was the first sword of Braavos.

I had forgot about this. I need to go back and read it all again.

But rereading the post I quoted, he isn't implying that the return has to support the faceless man theory going around. One thing we have learned is if they did not die on screen (or on page) then don't presume them dead (and even a couple who do die, aren't dead)

I think this holds especially true in the books and seems to have carried over to the show.

I could see it entirely plausible that Syrio returns as Syrio because he never dies and got away in season 1. I just don't think there is enough to support the theory that its been Syrio/Jaqen/kindly man, the same faceless man with Arya this whole time guiding her path. If he was, why not reveal himself sooner, or at the house of black an white as the kindly man, or in the riverlands when he parts with Arya and shows his true face. If he is all of these people, why does he choose to be Jaqen the most.

I think Jaqen is his true face. I don't think he was Syrio either. I have been watching series again from the beginning and when Arya leaves the room she stops for a second and you hear what sounds like someone yell and a sword hit the floor. I thought it was interesting since Syrio was holding a broken wooden sword and Trant was the only one left ion the room with a metal sword. I suppose its possible Syrio knocked him out and split. But again, Syrio didn't die on screen so...

Faceless man theory, I'm a No on. He escaped Kings landing and they cross paths again somewhere I think is plausible.

I could see this but its also just as likely we never see him again.

Loved the episode tonight!

After so much back and forth, so many names Arya had to pretend to be throughout her journey. She could have very easily became no one and went about killing people as a facelessman. I pretty happy that she finally could say her name without fear of repercussion. She is Arya Stark of Winterfell!, and she is going home. Might have been my favorite moment in all the series.

I really like Tyrion's scenes this week, for one. I think him and Varys are a good combo, so to see them broken up, was kinda disappointing, but I loved Tyrion stopping him "In all the World" They set it up like some special heartfelt moment was upon us, and we got that, it made it even better! I also liked that he was reflecting the sentiments of us this thread at least and did a good job trying to remove the sticks from the ***** of his counterparts. That almost, kinda, no not really felt like that scene with Bronn and Shae in the tent, when you knew good things were on the horizon.

Dany has returned to Meeren, and this time appears to mean business. Gonna conquer them again, and take back the big pyramid...

I fully expected a Hound (from his newly found faith) to champion vs. the Mountain. Looks like that is not gonna happen. I stil don't think this story ends without the Clegane bowl, but we will have to wait for now. I think the Hound heads North, Brienne is heading north.. rematch? I've little doubt we are going North with the Brotherhood here. Will wait and see.

Edmure Tulley, I don't really see what choice he had... me and my brother disagreed, but I think Edmure was hung out to dry! Called into a war he didn't ask for, forced to wed against his will (and he upheld his proposal), ended up marrying a beauty, had a son, and deserves what he was promised in my opinion. Yeah they could all die and upheld the Stark honor, which dishonored him, and all of his faction. Or he can get what was promised to him by rob, and fulfilled by Jamie.

Edmure has a seat at riverrun, with his beautiful Frey wife, has an heir to secure his house. Why fight for a cause that abandoned him, especially when he had no initial interest in the cause. He was doing it out of honor for his sister, the same honor his rebel leader decided he was above. I'm not saying I liked it, but I completely understand.

Also, Arya clearly had a plan with the waif, she marked the trails with her blood and lead her right to the path she wanted, with needle and the candle she blew out in episode 6. We knew it was going there, most of us expected it, Really made me dislike last episode alot more. Felt like nothing that happened there mattered, it was a cliff hanger ending to a show people are already hooked on that did nothing for the story... minor criticism.

Overall loved the episode.... ohh Where's Bran? you have him run away with the show and then ignore him for two weeks?

*****spoiler speculation*****

Qyburn was investigating wildfire, BURN THEM ALL, they showed us those clips for a reason. Cersei is the most VIAL of them all, and that wildfire is still there! She is going to command that they BURN THEM ALL, and her brother Jamie is going to be there..... (flashes to Jamie in the tub telling Brienne why he killed Aryes) Now tell me... what would you do?

I already know what Jamie would have done.... will he do it again?

It has been predicted by the frog! The valenquar!

Edmure has a seat at riverrun, with his beautiful Frey wife, has an heir to secure his house. Why fight for a cause that abandoned him, especially when he had no initial interest in the cause. He was doing it out of honor for his sister, the same honor his rebel leader decided he was above. I'm not saying I liked it, but I completely understand.

You think the Freys are going to let Edmure keep Riverrun? I doubt it very seriously. I expect that they will kill Edmure and either rule it in their own right or rule it through his son who will be raised by the Freys.

I mean I get why he did it, and he had no love for the Blackfish after his father's funeral, but in the end I doubt they let him live.

I think Cersei stills burns down kings landing. But I also think this episode is setting up Jamie to be honorable in some way shape or form. Edmure tore into him. The look on his face when he was told the Blackfish died fighting...he kills Cersei as the Frog predicted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom