Songs that you're surprised you like (you can admit it) (1 Viewer)

I also love Sia in general. Some of her live stuff is fantastic.

This one is odd but I absolutely love it. Kind of feels like a manic episode

a good example of her live performance

I like what I like and I have been known to like just about any music.

The ones that help me laugh at myself are the ones with great beats but are almost female empowerment songs. I stop short of "All the Single Ladies" but there are some that are down that road that will get stuck in my head. I do enjoy laughing at myself.

I cant not think about this now...forever. Whenever you post, I will hear this song.

Was going to mention the SNZ's....great band....

My guilty pleasure song is none other than "True" by Spandau Ballet, it really isn't the type of song a typically like but there is something about the melody and the timing, just overall feel that I really dig....

when I was in college the squirrel nut zippers were huge.... when I worked at the new orleans music exchange I met all 19 of them or whatever and they were the coolest folks. loud, nerdy, smart musicians.

Not as big a fan of their recorded music, but Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz are both amazing live. This is probably my most played video on YouTube, and while it's more than one song, it's a great listen.

Also, I've listened to this many many times eventhough it's a cover:

when I was in college the squirrel nut zippers were huge.... when I worked at the new orleans music exchange I met all 19 of them or whatever and they were the coolest folks. loud, nerdy, smart musicians.

Speaking of bands big in the 90s with large band member contingents.. your post reminded me of the time i met the Mighty Mighty Bosstones when they came into a club on Bourbon St where i was working.. There weren’t quite 19 of them, but definitely over a half-dozen.. i got to know and chat with a couple of them (one’s name was Nate i think?) and while i’d heard of them, i wasnt familiar with their music.. However, they were out celebrating the new single they’d just released, and Nate said to me ‘I promise you’ll hear this one A LOT’.. It was called The Feeling That I Get, i believe it wound up being the only big time hit they ever had.

Was going to mention the SNZ's....great band....

My guilty pleasure song is none other than "True" by Spandau Ballet, it really isn't the type of song a typically like but there is something about the melody and the timing, just overall feel that I really dig....

“True” shouldn’t be a guilty pleasure. It’s just a great song.

For me it’s:
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

I'll admit that I secretly think "This Kiss" is a great song and when I hear it in public, I sing along in my head. Faith Hill's vocal is excellent, but the song is just brilliantly written.

Tidbit - the song was co-written by Beth Nielsen Chapman. My favorite thing from her bio is that in 1976 in Montgomery, Alabama, she joined a band to play guitar and sing because Tommy Shaw had just left the band to join Styx.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom