Songs that you're surprised you like (you can admit it) (1 Viewer)

We played this a lot in college, right before taking a cab to the quarter. For some reason it felt like a great combination!

There is a backstory to mine. Towards the end of my college days (mid 90's) I used to work with a group of guys and they were in the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. We would always play pick up basketball together during the week and on Sunday Nights. Intramural Basketball was coming up and they asked myself and another friend to come play with them that season. We ended up winning the School Championship and advanced to the State Championship tournament for all of the State Schools (won that too). It was a good time.

Before games, they would all listen to their music which consisted of a lot of Rap. That was fine but even back in HS I was a Rock/Metal guy before games. I would sit to the side with my headphones on just listening to my "burned CD" on my disc man (I returned the walk-man 2 years prior) and watching the teams play the games before us. I will never forget the day when our Point Guard came and sat down next to me and wanted to know what I was listening to. I told him that he wouldn't like it so he insisted. I handed him the headphones and he heard this.

He immediately threw my headset and told me that I don't need to be listening to those Evil M%@% F&@$!. We laughed because I laughed at his reaction so damn hard. We won that game easily and before the next game he came back to me and we would both listen to my "music". Then gradually the entire team would listen to my entire CD before the game. Then we started warming up on the court to it.

I don't like the artist or anything else that he does but I always listened to this song. I still see a lot of those guys and we still joke about my "music". I will even play it sometimes on my way home from a long commute.

I'm really into jazz, progressive rock, bluegrass, and complicated orchestral music. Conversely, I tend to dislike most pop music, heavy metal, so called "country" music, and simple three or four chord rock music because I find it dull and uninteresting.

So I can't explain why I like to listen to the Ramones when I'm in the mood, but I love 'em. Go figure. :shrug:

I guess this thread is over.

It just got Rick Rolled.

Rick Rolling is when you hit someone with the song through deception. I wasn't trying to hide my intention.

And I never got the whole Rick Roll thing. There were far more cringe worthy music videos to come out of the 80s. Glass Tiger, Jeferson Starship, The Cutting Crew, etc. I suppose the lead into is a bit more stronger than those though.

There were far more cringe worthy music videos to come out of the 80s. Glass Tiger, Jeferson Starship, The Cutting Crew, etc. I suppose the lead into is a bit more stronger than those though.

I was never a big video guy ; even when MTV was big, i always preferred listening and creating my own imagery for songs i heard on the radio... So that being the case, i think that the one hit wonders by Glass Tiger and Cutting Crew were actually really solid songs, though i cant remember the videos for either one, probably a good thing or else the songs might be ruined for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom