Sony looking into putting serial numbers on PS3 games. (1 Viewer)

Can I get the cliffsnotes for the last 2 pages?

Batman and Widge read big books like Atlas Shrugged. Batman likes libertarianism because you can do what you want and give yourself hugs. Widge, being a lawyer, inquired about the contradiction between self ownership and free markets and then put in a lot of filler because he's a lawyer. Batman said he doesn't care, but he still loves Bungie.

+

Google - Define libertarian

...and you should be good. :9:

Batman and Widge read big books like Atlas Shrugged. Batman likes libertarianism because you can do what you want and give yourself hugs. Widge, being a lawyer, inquired about the contradiction between self ownership and free markets and then put in a lot of filler because he's a lawyer. Batman said he doesn't care, but he still loves Bungie.

You mean Robin. Robin and Widge....

St. Widge said:
but it's a natural law based on the idea that we have an inalienable right to whatever it is that make us human. That would include the right to total liberty, the right to total control and ownership of our bodies, privacy and a few other things.

I think the first user argument is trying to further describe where this "inalienable" right comes from. I'm not sure it answers it though.

St. Widge said:
It's just not reality and it leads to having to create this fiction that there is such a thing as "first use" of our bodies which requires that we assume there is something separate from our bodies that "uses" them. That falls into the mind/body problem (how can a non-corporeal thing control a corporeal thing), defies materials and requires one to prove the existence of the non-corporeal or non-material.

The first use idea struck me as goofy the first time I read it. It seems like someone is trying to force something, or as you said, shoehorn something tidily into their package (twWDFs).

In fact, I think you could argue that we don't even really have first use of our bodies - our parents do, as we are their creation. It all gets quite complicated.

Objectively, it's obvious that we have a greater claim to ourselves than anyone else - in addition to being in complete control of ourselves, we actually are ourselves. This "objective link" has been discussed by people like Murray Rothbard before, but I admittedly need to read more about it.

But even without resolving how exactly we own ourselves, we can certainly apply the first user theory to items that exist on their own waiting to be homesteaded. But then we might get shaky when we start discussing items of creation, which IP certainly is.

I think the first user argument is trying to further describe where this "inalienable" right comes from. I'm not sure it answers it though.

The first use idea struck me as goofy the first time I read it. It seems like someone is trying to force something, or as you said, shoehorn something tidily into their package (twWDFs).

In fact, I think you could argue that we don't even really have first use of our bodies - our parents do, as we are their creation. It all gets quite complicated.

Objectively, it's obvious that we have a greater claim to ourselves than anyone else - in addition to being in complete control of ourselves, we actually are ourselves. This "objective link" has been discussed by people like Murray Rothbard before, but I admittedly need to read more about it.

But even without resolving how exactly we own ourselves, we can certainly apply the first user theory to items that exist on their own waiting to be homesteaded. But then we might get shaky when we start discussing items of creation, which IP certainly is.

I think that's where I come down on all of it too. I think it works for real property, but for things like IP, you have to try to fit it in and I'm not sure that it works and I don't think it's necessary for the issue of personal ownership (not that WDF). Still, it's an interesting point of view and it's possible they are right and I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm leaning towards you don't know what you're talking about. That and I think your face hurts.

my face actually does hurt...i woke up with some sinus issues....

but yeah, i don't know much about anything except bluetoofs

You forgot to add that we as Americans can't use the XMB because we read left to right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom