Sony looking into putting serial numbers on PS3 games. (1 Viewer)

Here I am.

I'm totally unsurprised at how out of touch sony is regarding things gamers care about. Or, how arrogant they are about putting their needs above the market's.

That said, I'm sure all publishers and developers are scrambling for more ways to squeeze money out of gamers. Not just sony. The current model has some problems. Specifically, it costs too much to make games these days because technical expectations are so high.

sony is crazy if they think this will stop hackers for very long. MS is definitely superior and more prepared in that area. The PSN is quickly becoming totally broken, and I'm l ing o l.

The PSN is quickly becoming totally broken, and I'm l ing o l.

i am not trying to defend this idea of serial numbers on games but what are you basing this on??

i mean, i can safely assume that your experience with the PSN is not a factor

i mean, i can safely assume that your experience with the PSN is not a factor

Mine is... and I'll base it on the fact that the PSN sucks hard.

The PSN is the ultimate black hole of the video game universe... Not even bloozrays light is strong enough to escape the swirling vortex of doom that the PSN has turned out to be.

It sucks. I'm sorry. But it is true. The PSN is utter crap.

I can honestly, without a doubt say that if I had to choose one, and only one system... It'd be the 360. No questions asked.

Why you ask? The online piece, the dashboard, the connectivity to my home network.

I know... But Jorbits in bloozrays!1!! No... Not enough. Not nearly enough.

I don't own a single bloozray movie. I don't know that I will.

I bought the PS3 for exclusives, and it handles that just fine.
It doesn't do much else for me though.

Serial numbers on games? To be honest, I didn't read the article. If that means I can't buy used games anymore, then so be it... If an exclusive is worth having, then I can buy it new (even if I have to wait a few months for the price to drop to make the pill easier to swallow).

If serial numbers on discs simply means I can't play hacked discs on it? Then I really don't care. I don't do that now, nor do I intend to...

The PSN still sucks.

(sorry... that PSN rant has been building up for a while now...)

The 360 has officially won the console war of this generation. That being said....

...this won't happen. Though the fact that it even leaked to gauge response makes me angry with Sony. I like both my consoles. 360 for games. My PS3 is a far better media center than my 360 (I can actually store movies on the PS3). To tell you the truth, both of these companies are doing it wrong in some way or another.

I don't like the idea of serial numbers on games either, but other than not having party chat I have no problem really with PSN. I load the game up...connect online...and play. That's all I really ask for. I have no more problems with PSN than I have with my 360. :shrug:

The 360 has officially won the console war of this generation. That being said....

They're about 3/4 of the way through the relay race and 360 has about a 5 yard lead. But the anchor runner for PS3 is from Kenya, and the last runner for 360 is...me.

2011 PS3 has a cadre of kick *** exclusives (which is the primary measure of success). Does 360 even have one big one coming out in 2011?

The console war isn't over. It's just about to go all Africa on 360.

They're about 3/4 of the way through the relay race and 360 has about a 5 yard lead. But the anchor runner for PS3 is from Kenya, and the last runner for 360 is...me.

2011 PS3 has a cadre of kick *** exclusives (which is the primary measure of success). Does 360 even have one big one coming out in 2011?

The console war isn't over. It's just about to go all Africa on 360.

You don't even play online.

I played a bunch of Uncharted 2 online, and it was fine. I can't help it if shooters are all terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom