Soooo.... Working in Euless, TX (1 Viewer)

Off topic but, since moving out to Houston (from Metairie) I have encountered a ton of Louisiana transplants, but I met one guy this week who told me “yeah, I’m from New Orleans.”

I said, “great, what part?”

And he said “Lafayette”

I had to tell him to GTHO.

Off topic but, since moving out to Houston (from Metairie) I have encountered a ton of Louisiana transplants, but I met one guy this week who told me “yeah, I’m from New Orleans.”

And he said “Lafayette”

I lived in Houston for a long time.. yes the number of Saints decals and fleurs de lis on cars and people’s clothes was impressive.. even more plentiful were the LSU insignias and purple and gold stuff i saw all over.. i’d venture to guess that the largest fan bases for both LSU and the Saints outside of Louisiana are both in Houston... And i think i went to more crawfish boils in my few years in Houston than i went to growing up in New Orleans .. La. culture has really taken hold there over the last few decades... in re to this thread, i think Dallas is the 2nd largest fanbase for the Saints outside of La and Houston.

And he said “Lafayette”

Maybe he meant Lafayette St. :grin:

I live in Forney, which is on the east side of the metroplex. Nice area, but you wouldn't want that commute. I'll echo what others have said here and say look in the Grapevine, Coppell, Southlake, and Colleyville areas. Maybe North Richland Hills, too just south of Colleyville.

There's a lot of Saints fans here.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
The DFW metroplex has seen lots of growth over the last 5 or so years with a population growth of about 1 million people in that same time span and you can see in on the highways.

Mid cities area is a good area because it is easy to reach both Dallas and FW and it gives you lots of highway options to get anywhere you need to go to avoid traffic jams. This area is on the west side of DFW airport is the best place to be to avoid air traffic noise because it is very rare to be in the flight paths for DFW runways.

Housing prices are lower in MidCities area than Grapevine by a considerable amount. Colleyville and Southlake is nice but it going to cost $$.

I am more partial to FW style living than Dallas, and once you live here you will see that there is a big difference in all the little pockets that make up the DFW Metroplex. I would avoid Plano, Frisco and all points north. Its the newer growth area with limited hwy outside of toll roads. Rockwall is nice but you are pretty much stuck with I-30 commute and little to no alternate routes to get across the lake. White Rock area is nice and probably closest thing to NOLA atmosphere but its pricey for the nicer neighborhoods and you have to deal with Dallas politics and the clearing paths they call streets.

Southlake and Grapevine are good suggestions- forgot about those. I'll throw Coppell in the mix.

I live in Frisco and made the commute to Euless in the past, it's not that bad now that the 121/114 merge has been redone.

You now have to deal with 635/121/2499 rework in the morning if using 121 to head to 114.

The PGBT is getting expanded as well as the SRT, however, NTTA has been pretty on point with getting it done as fast as possible.

There is top notch Mexican food in Dallas. You just have to look for it
RIP Danal's last I heard. Esparza's is still there. Can't vouch since it's been 2 decades, but that it's been there 2 decades...

I live near Euless and have for quite a while so shoot me a message about anything you want an opinion on. There are a lot of Who Dat’s here and some of the best live in Euless, Grapevine, and Hurst right next to you.

Also, you will not be disappointed with the Mexican food here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom