Sorry but another healthcare costs rant acomin'... (1 Viewer)

and that plausible deniability ( which i have heard now twice...once from insurer and now from dr office ) - Its up to you to make sure that every aspect of your services are IN NETWORK- YET neither my DR NOR Insurer ( both of whom i had spoken with a few times PRIOR to surgery ) EVER mentioned this to me. So it stood to reason that if my Surgeon was IN NETWORK, the place he performed his surgery WOULD BE TOO!

This was my first exp with any sort of "major medical procedure" ever. I will know going fwd for sure, but I would expect, at the very least, that the Dr. should either remind/advise patient or give the patient some sort of notification that just because he is IN NETWORK doesnt mean the place where the surgery will be performed is. Something. Anything. This is totally misleading.

Oh, I agree with you completely. I got stuck for a big bill once before because I didn't check on the network thing. Also, my wife is an organizational freak, and did much of the research months before my surgery date.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom