Sorry its already been posted, but New Orleans is bidding for the 2012 SB (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
according to the Sports Journal, the Saints are bidding for the 2012 SB to be held in the city.
II thought you guys might want to hear this.

It quotes Benson's granddaughter and the man himself as saying he wants another SB in this town in 4 years.

Which may mean that we are getting close to a new lease agreement to stay here long term and get that elusive new stadium n due time.

Just me reporting what I have heard to the board. I am just the messenger here

no long term deal = no superbowl in 2012

captainobviouslb4.jpg

world ends in 2012 anyways so it won't matter.... heheheheheh ;)

well..this is great news! hopefully the recent Nat'l Championship, Mardi Gras, Bayou Classic, and NBA ALLSTAR game have shown the League that we are ready to host this great event again.

I was reading another fan site and someone mentioned that maybe the all star game had something huge to do with this. WE ALL KNOW BENSON wants to be #1 in this town, and with all the praise George Shinn (Hornets owner) is getting for bringing the NBA's equivalent of the Superbowl to New Orleans, and the success that it had, makes Benson jealous and want to recoup some of that praise.

No matter whats motivating him its fine with me as long as we get the game!:ezbill:

I also think this may indicate that there's been progress in long term lease negotiations.

I think the NFL needs to come to the realization that the Superdome is not going away. The NFL can't afford not to provide New Orleans with another Superbowl from a PR standpoint considering the success of the BCS and All-Star games this past year. NOLA is a marquee name filled with tradition for the Superbowl, these factors along with $185 million in upgrades and Benson's willingness to negotioate a long-term lease without the garuntee of a new stadium should give us the a btter chance.

Plus - Katrina! Gotta use the Katrina card for as long as we can!!!

If we get the 2012 Super Bowl we need to make sure we don't hire the guy who designed Tampa's 2009 Super Bowl logo. This thing is horrible:

Super_Bowl_XLIII_Logo.png

[Sorry for the slight thread-jack, Saintman.]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom