Sorry (1 Viewer)

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We had some pretty good offenses in those days despite Aaron Brooks at QB.

But anyway, don't feel bad about it on our account. The Falcons are getting all the breaks this year. Seemed like we got them last year and they're getting them this year. They gotta drop one somewhere along the way.

Even with the no-challenge, GB could have won. It was the facemask on the the kickoff that really drove the final nail in.

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The fumble and the no challenge really took the wind out of their sails.
not just that he fumbled... but that the fumble bounced into the end zone and ATL recovered for a touchback... it still coulda been salvaged if they were backed up at the 1 instead of at the 20... that said... the non-challenge was on the ensuing drive after the goal line fumble

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
We had some pretty good offenses in those days despite Aaron Brooks at QB.

But anyway, don't feel bad about it on our account. The Falcons are getting all the breaks this year. Seemed like we got them last year and they're getting them this year. They gotta drop one somewhere along the way.

Even with the no-challenge, GB could have won. It was the facemask on the the kickoff that really drove the final nail in.
he was our coordinator in the 10-6 2000 NFC West Championship season ("Hakim dropped the ball" anyone?)... but Aaron Brooks was not the starting QB... Jeff Blake was until he broke his leg against the Raiders... we got a good break in seeing the 1 team Aaron Brooks seemed to like playing against in the playoffs that year, the St. Louis Rams.

OP

GreenBayFan

Very Banned
Reaction score
You guys don't know how much this one hurts.

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
he was our coordinator in the 10-6 2000 NFC West Championship season ("Hakim dropped the ball" anyone?)... but Aaron Brooks was not the starting QB... Jeff Blake was until he broke his leg against the Raiders... we got a good break in seeing the 1 team Aaron Brooks seemed to like playing against in the playoffs that year, the St. Louis Rams.
That's true but I was referring to the 4 years following that.

DOFF6356

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If Rodgers haven't fumble that ball in the endzone ya'll maybe have a chance

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i think he was released after the 2001 or 2002 season... he wasn't there the whole time
It was after the 2004 season. He became the OC for San Fran and then got the HC job in Green Bay. He was some kind of asst. in GB before coming to NO so he had some history with the organization. So they hired him in 2006 instead of Sean Payton. Funny how it's all connected eh?

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
It was after the 2004 season. He became the OC for San Fran and then got the HC job in Green Bay. He was some kind of asst. in GB before coming to NO so he had some history with the organization. So they hired him in 2006 instead of Sean Payton. Funny how it's all connected eh?
six degress of separation between mike mccarthy and the saints Super Bowl XLIV Championship

OP

GreenBayFan

Very Banned
Reaction score
I just hope we make the playoffs. Rodgers can't seem to win in a close game though so it might not matter.

St.Simon

Reaction score
It's not your fault you guys lost. Unless you are mike mccarthy secretly posting on SR. :hihi:

But seriously, you should have pulled that one out.

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Seriously tho dude, u guys need a new head coach, that game was badly managed and I think under a better coach Aaron would be a world beater. Sucks tho....u guys had them but u left them with too much time and made too many mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines