Sounds like Victor Butler is in town today (1 Viewer)

robj277

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that we are actually hosting Victor Butler today. [MOD Edit wr - We need to relax is a better choice of words]. I think we sign this guy before he leaves town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we get some good news tonight. After the Will Herring re-sign we need it!

Larry Holder: Update on Saints' interest in Victor Butler, Nnamdi Asomugha

Cowboys free-agent linebacker Victor Butler will continue his visit with the New Orleans Saints on Friday after arriving in town on Thursday...

...Payton and General Manager Mickey Loomis both said during the owners meetings that the decision remains Asomugha’s to make. So the door seems open until Asomugha makes a choice.

The Saints also appear to be in the running for Chargers free agent defensive tackle Vaughn Martin, according to CBSSports.com. Martin (6-4, 297) compiled 19 tackles, one sack and one forced fumble last season with the Chargers.

New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com
FYI

This was said about our interest in him as well:

The New Orleans Times-Picayune characterizes the mutual interest between the Saints and free agent OLB Victor Butler as "high."

Butler's Saints visit will continue for a second day on Friday. Butler is expected to visit more teams if he escapes without a contract. He visited the Steelers last week. The Saints appear intent on signing the soon-to-be former Cowboy, but the fact that he's still on the market suggests his demands aren't quite in line with his value.

If the Saints could sign Butler, Nnamdi, and draft Mingo, I believe that is considered a great offseason. BUT, like Payton, I'm also concerned about the LT position. Mckinnie is still out there for a short term patch. Only problem is cap situation but Loomis has done this numerous times...he knows what he's doing!

The subject of Butler visiting was discussed all day yesterday and the night before (check other threads). You are the one that came in with redundant info telling others not to get their panties in a wad. What did you expect?

I don't think the information he gave was redundant. None of those other threads said that he was still here today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom