South Alabama Jags hit the top 25 RPI rankings (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Nice to see we are getting some good publicity and in the rankings as well.
I mean if we make the NCAAB Field of 65, I think we can do some damage, we have a good team and with the way we are playing anything is possible.

Its been a good season for South, and I love Auburn with all my heart too in the football realm.

Coach Ronnie Arrow's Jags are gonna knock a big name out of the tournament.

its definitely been a good season for south..a big win over western kentucky on thursday night as well to help their conference record.

we're hosting the sun belt tourny this year, and if they win it, it'll certainly be a great party :D

Update: South won tonight 64-49 and was ranked #23 in the RPI rankings before the game started. I think we may be in the top 20 before the nights all over.

God it feels good to be a South fan right now. I really think we may make the NCAAB Tournament regardless of whether we win the Sun Belt or not.

I mean you do not pass on a 23- 5 team, it would be stupid and infantile . Whether we win our tournament or not we deserve a at large bid, bottom line end of story.

If the NCAA screws us, the hell with any respect I had for them remaining in me.

South won tonight 64-49

is Presbyterian any good?

Jags don't have any quality wins except Miss st.
Close losses to Vandy and Ole miss but still losses.

They should win the sun belt tourney I would think.
good luck to them.....I like the Jags style.

Update: South won tonight 64-49 and was ranked #23 in the RPI rankings before the game started. I think we may be in the top 20 before the nights all over.

God it feels good to be a South fan right now. I really think we may make the NCAAB Tournament regardless of whether we win the Sun Belt or not.

I mean you do not pass on a 23- 5 team, it would be stupid and infantile . Whether we win our tournament or not we deserve a at large bid, bottom line end of story.

If the NCAA screws us, the hell with any respect I had for them remaining in me.

when was the last time the tourney sent 2 sun belt teams to the big dance? from what i heard, and i think that was the question asked, its been a long time. souths odds of going if they dont win the conference tournament arent good, regardless of record.

Well dom, do you honestly turn down a team that is probably going to be 25-5 to end the regular season and has a top 50 ranking? If you did that just because of not winning the Sun Belt for their case, it is extremely unfair to the people and the players who busted their tails all season long only to be screwed. I know these things are often unfair anyway, but still its marks of hypocrisy to let a weak team go to the big Dance while a much better team stays home because the weaker team won the Championship and the better team did not.
25-5 is too good to be told to stay home. Thats like going 11-5 in the NFC and still not making the playoffs, its BS and its not right in any way. Its more then unfair, its a travesty to college ball.

every year a good team from a small conference gets left out if they dont win their conference tournament..id be upset, but i wouldnt be surprised..

26-5 baby and in the semis. Yeah it good to be a South Alabama Jag. I must say though that the Privateers gave us a good one today. their lead scorer Bo Mclabeb, is one hell of a player and made it very hard on us and really the game could have gone either way. I am just glad it went South's way.

Domination, if South makes it to the Finals, I am their I don't what the hell is going in my life, I am so pumped over our chances. Its been a hell of a season for the Jags this season. I may even make it tomorrow to the game.
Will you be at any of the games Dom? I loved to meet you man, since we are both South students

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom