Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society (1 Viewer)

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just wanted to spread the word about an Aquarium Society that I started 6 months ago. We have a little bit over 100 members right now. So, if you like Aquariums and are in the area, feel free to stop by:

www.selas.us

Its free.

Got any "fishy" pictures, Clay? We've got quite a few ichtho-maniacs on the EE Board.

I plan on building an aquarium, and received some good advice from the forum. I was gonna start renovating our basement, but we've decided that we like another area better. We'll move again sometime this summer. I'm looking forward to some koi.

I know this is COMPLETELY unrelated, but I've been out of the country for 6 years. What happend to the Aquarium of the Americas?

I know this is COMPLETELY unrelated, but I've been out of the country for 6 years. What happend to the Aquarium of the Americas?

It's been open for quite some time. Many of the animals were lost, but it's back open. We took our little boy there in July for his birthday.

Thanks for the link. Kept tanks for years right up until Katrina. 75 gallon floated over the neighbors fence and crashed into his back door.

Now, I'm ready to build a pond in the side yard and get an aquarium going inside as well.

Surprisingly, most of my fish survived Katrina (I was in New Orleans at the time). I had a 125 gallon planted discus tank. It was above about 3 feet of water. I have since upgraded to a 220 gallon :D

Yes, if you go to www.selas.us and click on the gallery, you can see pics of my tanks, as well as those of other members of selas.

Cool stuff Clay.

Just curious.. who do you sell the baby fish to? Members of your site, stores?

Just curious.. who do you sell the baby fish to? Members of your site, stores?

I only breed yellow labs as they are easy. I supply a couple of the LFS (Local Fish Stores, for those not down with the lingo) in Metairie and in Baton Rouge. I just get store credit that I use for other things like fish food and more discus.

I only breed yellow labs as they are easy. I supply a couple of the LFS (Local Fish Stores, for those not down with the lingo) in Metairie and in Baton Rouge. I just get store credit that I use for other things like fish food and more discus.

that's pretty cool

i had a 55 gallon reef tank when i lived in chalmette pre-katrina, and brought with me to Baton Rouge when i moved there (shortly before katrina, so i didnt lose anything). i took the setup down when i moved back to NOLA, and im probably going to give it away soon. the tank started leaking a little on a seam, and i dont feel like fixing it or cleaning up any of the equipment. it still has liverock and sand in the tank, but its all dead now.

if anyone wants it, just PM me.

ill probably get a new tank when i get a more permanent place to live.

I just wanted to bump this in case interested people did not see it. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom