Southern Discomfort (D-Line nickname) (1 Viewer)

Since we are kicking around ideas, why not think outside the box and, instead a typical nickname, create a slogan instead?

First attempt:

"Saints Defense. We're pretty darned good."

Huh? Huh?
Come on buddy, that was a nice try. How about screwing on that thinking cap about 26 more rounds & taking another shot?

Hold up just a minute gents and ladies. The original "Nasty Bunch" was created at Southern Miss in the days with Curly Hallmon as coach. I KNOW because in 1985-1989, WE yelled at our home games to our defense... "Nasty Bunch! Nasty Bunch! Nasssstty Bunchh!!" Facts!
Southern Dis-Comfort gets my vote! Good one OP!
Oh, and Krystal was 134 steps from my apartment in Hattiesburg!!...... I would have to "RUN" home after eating there, after a great night on the town..... LOL.....
Did you ever try that burger joint next to Mr. Gatti's pizza? I can't remember the name. But they had this chili burger that was just the most awful tasting burger, but after a 6 pack of old Milaukee, or Schlitz my stomach was bullet proof. Did you ever try those guys?

Come on buddy, that was a nice try. How about screwing on that thinking cap about 26 more rounds & taking another shot?

Damn. You are demanding. I'm at work and I don't normally work at work.

I'll meditate on it.

But I'm really starting to regret those Price is Right horns.

The real trick of it is taking something you spent three sleepless weeks thinking about & making it sound like it was something you just thought of while sitting on the can ( after running home to take care of that Crystal's issue). Then convincing a bunch of seriously judgmental hard cases that your name is the one the team really needs to complete them. And do it all in writing with expert doctors, lawyers, & various word smiths looking for every weakness.

Can someone do a poll? I nominate Nasty Boys, Southern Discomfort, DOMENATION, & SOuthern Mob Squad as candidates. Too many more & this is gonna get as confusing as a democratic primary.

I actually like DOMENATION.

I never heard of the league of shadows & only BAD nicknames are BAD luck. Signed
"The Road Warriors"!

1571685459083.png

League of Shadows was what our defense tried calling itself the year Judas Galette and the Saints had a falling out. We were supposed to be top 5 and ended up setting all of the wrong records. Nicknames are for hindsight.

You can’t be promoting the “Nasty Boys” then turn around and take shots at the creativity of other suggestions. It just doesn’t work.

Look, I’ll pinch hit for Undead on this one and counter you with “Dirty Boys” “Wild Boys” and “Mean Boys” and all that does is expand the existing pile of mundane a little higher. Right now, we are just digging around where “Be Best” came from.

You can’t be promoting the “Nasty Boys” then turn around and take shots at the creativity of other suggestions. It just doesn’t work.

Look, I’ll pinch hit for Undead on this one and counter you with “Dirty Boys” “Wild Boys” and “Mean Boys” and all that does is expand the existing pile of mundane a little higher. Right now, we are just digging around where “Be Best” came from.

Now see, wasn't that just a little fun?! Invest in nicknames. Live a little. Have some fun. Why do things have to be so serious all the time? We're 6-1, our defense is the best we've had in years, and we're about to get our HoF QB back for the stretch run. Life is good right now so let's live a little.

I'm not going to take squat over your ideas because I know you're trying your best but Dirty Boys, Wild Boys, and Mean Boys aren't that much different than the original nickname, The Nasty Boys. I don't see enough separation to warrant a reopening of this case. But these boys are dirty, wild, and super mean so you're on the right track.

Now see, wasn't that just a little fun?! Invest in nicknames. Live a little. Have some fun. Why do things have to be so serious all the time? We're 6-1, our defense is the best we've had in years, and we're about to get our HoF QB back for the stretch run. Life is good right now so let's live a little.

I'm not going to take squat over your ideas because I know you're trying your best but Dirty Boys, Wild Boys, and Mean Boys aren't that much different than the original nickname, The Nasty Boys. I don't see enough separation to warrant a reopening of this case. But these boys are dirty, wild, and super mean so you're on the right track.

Yeah.

At this rate, I don’t think anybody is coming up with anything better than “Carl”, as suggested by watts some years ago.

And, no, that’s not a prompt for “Nasty Carl”.

I'd give 5 RG clowny faces if I could on that. i know you aint even thought about it old grandpa. ANd here's the deal. if you're gonna criticize, then have the magnetic balls like Luts & Moorestead to bring it with at least one alternative response. It's easy to sit in the peanut gallery yuk it up over someone else's imagination & creativity. Now show some of your own.

BTW, Lutz & Moorestead must have forgot the magnetic balls at home this week.

Yeah... that's the straw that broke the Camels back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom