SP chewing out McMahon repeatedly on the sidelines (1 Viewer)

hi y'all;

other than saying "he has to go"; is there someone out there to be had?
who would be a candidate? poaching another team for a "non-promotion" job is usually more difficult. any college coaches making a big impact? cfl/afl?

before the lynching, a replacement needs to be considered.

A

they just need coaching, I have seen all of the special teams players not knowing what to do in just about every situation

He caught the ball in bounds, you can't let a kickoff bounce and just assume it's going out of bounds, one bounce the other way and the other team will be on top of it. It was actually a good play by Cadet to get to that ball before the bounce.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That's not really true, the ball was approaching the sidelines at a pretty obvious angle, it would have had to take a really weird bounce for it to stay inbounds. And fwiw, I think if he lets is go, it would have landed on the chalk, which would have rendered the play dead anyway. Where he caught it, looked like the ball would have hit the ground out of bounds.

He should have had the awareness to let the ball go, and if it takes a really freaky bounce, then just fall on it. It's not that complicated.

hi y'all;

other than saying "he has to go"; is there someone out there to be had?
who would be a candidate? poaching another team for a "non-promotion" job is usually more difficult. any college coaches making a big impact? cfl/afl?

before the lynching, a replacement needs to be considered.

A

I, for one, really don't know who special team coaches are but I know something has to change. I know several of the key ST guys are playing a lot of minutes on defense and could be tired but they are making too many mistakes and it can come back to beat us against a very good team.

The one that made me want to pull my hair out of my head was they 49ers kicked off and the ball was going out of bounds at the 15. But instead of letting it do so, and getting the ball at the 40 via penalty, we instead fielded it (forgot who it was I was so mad) and didn't get squat.

:rant:

I recall that and was yelling at the tv. Was also thinking that a SP coach thumbprint should not have things like that happen.

if it takes a really freaky bounce, then just fall on it. It's not that complicated.

Watching the play during the game, I was not happy about him catching that ball.

But with a little perspective, I don't have a problem with it. The risk of giving the ball to the 9ers on the 10-15 yard line, is worse than giving up 25 yards of field position (especially the way our offense was moving the ball)

while it didn't hurt us in this game it could in another game if it happens again.

Watching the play during the game, I was not happy about him catching that ball.

But with a little perspective, I don't have a problem with it. The risk of giving the ball to the 9ers on the 10-15 yard line, is worse than giving up 25 yards of field position (especially the way our offense was moving the ball)

If he doesn't catch it, that ball goes out of bounds 9 times out of 10. That's perspective.

Can someone put up a gif of the kickoff we're talking about? I think that would clear up whether the ball was gonna go out or not. I'm pretty sure the ball would have landed out of bounds when it first hits the ground.

Nope, I've been saying he needs to go for years, seriously. Yesterday's game is a pretty compelling evidence that the ST is a mess. The mistakes were pathetic. The worst was Cadet not letting the ball go out on the kickoff, but all of the runbacks were suspect. Just awful all around. The only redeeming qualities of the STs are Lutz and Morstead.

so how are these mental mistakes the coaches fault? are u actually saying the coach is telling them to do those things? :aargh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom