SP chewing out McMahon repeatedly on the sidelines (1 Viewer)

My only issue now is that we are on a role and players are responding. Now is not the time to be firing coaches.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The one that made me want to pull my hair out of my head was they 49ers kicked off and the ball was going out of bounds at the 15. But instead of letting it do so, and getting the ball at the 40 via penalty, we instead fielded it (forgot who it was I was so mad) and didn't get squat.

:rant:

I noticed it. You couldn't miss it if you watched the game.

It happened about 4 or 5 times. I found it was happening at odd times though, far removed from any ST plays which was weird to me.

Hopefully this is the year it happens, but it never does.

It happened twice. Cadet kept coming out the endzone and barely made the 15.
These are the hidden yards that eat at Payton.

I know when he came out, his lead blocker even told him to take the knee.

Probably less yelling at McMahon and more yelling at him to yell at Cadet.

Then, whoever nailed the 49er who barely signaled fair catch... Payton also chewed the player out personally.

It's like when I'm fussing at the kids.. sometimes I fuss at my wife, but it's not directed at her, it's directed at the kids and she's just listening to it.

Nobody should get their hopes up. If Payton was going to change ST coaches due to poor ST play it would have happened a long time ago.

It is what it is.

My only issue now is that we are on a role and players are responding. Now is not the time to be firing coaches.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
When one of these tight games is lost on special teams, you'll get it...

He's not going to be fired mid-season if Payton has kept him this long, barring some epic series of gaffes.

But he should be gone after the season, which is something you could have said for the last 3-4 years.

The one that made me want to pull my hair out of my head was they 49ers kicked off and the ball was going out of bounds at the 15. But instead of letting it do so, and getting the ball at the 40 via penalty, we instead fielded it (forgot who it was I was so mad) and didn't get squat.

I'm pretty sure it was Cadet and he had to absolutely sprint to get to that terrible kick. How does a professional KR do that?

I agree that the team is currently winning and the boat shouldn't be rocked. BUT Payton needs to remember just how bad the team's Special Teams were this year. McMahon has needed to go for years.....

giphy.gif

Several occasions yesterday I saw Payton yelling at McMahon. Times when there didn't appear to be any issues with the special teams, one of them was in the middle of an offensive series. Has McMahon become his new whipping boy?

He needs to go. The sooner the better. His Kickoff return players should have shot for mental errors yesterday. The 1st one being when the KR caught the ball 5 yards deep in the end zone, started to take off, paused then took off seconds later and didn't get to the 20. The other when the KR caught the kickoff on the 15 while the ball was in the air clearly going out of bounds. He let's it go and we start on the 40 instead of the 15. Those are serious mental errors usually of poorly coached players. And in a close game could have been game changers, especially the 2nd. In Texas, they would take him out back and shoot him - if he came from A&M :hihi:

The only thing I could come up with watching that play, was that he thought the ball wasn't going to go out of bounds and was afraid that the 9ers would get to the ball before he could.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom