SP chewing out McMahon repeatedly on the sidelines (2 Viewers)

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Several occasions yesterday I saw Payton yelling at McMahon. Times when there didn't appear to be any issues with the special teams, one of them was in the middle of an offensive series. Has McMahon become his new whipping boy?

He needs to be replaced. They are giving up too many yards on kickoffs and punts. The 9ers even ran the ball out of the endzone and got 30 yards.

The 9ers even ran the ball out of the endzone and got 30 yards.

It happened twice. Cadet kept coming out the endzone and barely made the 15.
These are the hidden yards that eat at Payton.

It happened twice. Cadet kept coming out the endzone and barely made the 15.
These are the hidden yards that eat at Payton.

The return where he was in the end zone, stopped, and then decided to take it out, and only got to the 15 or 18. So confused by why he did that.

But yes, we need to can McMahon almost as badly as we need to can a few other guys, but I just don't see it in the cards (though I wish I were wrong).

Surely I can't be the only one that saw this, right?

Nope, I've been saying he needs to go for years, seriously. Yesterday's game is a pretty compelling evidence that the ST is a mess. The mistakes were pathetic. The worst was Cadet not letting the ball go out on the kickoff, but all of the runbacks were suspect. Just awful all around. The only redeeming qualities of the STs are Lutz and Morstead.

Nope, I've been saying he needs to go for years, seriously. Yesterday's game is a pretty compelling evidence that the ST is a mess. The mistakes were pathetic. The worst was Cadet not letting the ball go out on the kickoff, but all of the runbacks were suspect. Just awful all around. The only redeeming qualities of the STs are Lutz and Morstead.

NO the worse error/penalty was Dixon running into the returner after his fair catch

I just imagine McMahon held up a badge to Sean's face, laughed, and screamed "Diplomatic Immunity"!

At this point, I just suspect Payton and McMahon have a laugh about it after every game, especially wins.

There were tons of ST errors yesterday -- returning out of the endzone twice -- once after some indecision; poor tackling that let the 9ers get good field position on numerous kick returns, hitting the punt returner after a fair catch; catching a kickoff and immediately going out of bounds (when if you just let the ball go it would be a penalty and the ball placed on the 35). Things need to change if he cannot teach them basics of special teams.

There were numerous gaffes on Special Teams yesterday. Why can't Payton see that this is a weak spot and has been for years?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom