SP controls player personnel and he can't rebuild a franchise (1 Viewer)

REBELMAX

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
We got lucky in the 2006 draft and also got lucky that nobody else really wanted Brees off the Labrum injury.

Since the Super Bowl we have systematically torn apart what could have been a dynasty.

I say let Payton leave and bring in a young Coordinator as HC w a veteran NFL personnel guy as his cover.

The drafts , the traded draft picks , the crazy FA decisions , the decisions to extend guy's we have that shouldn't have been extended , the revolving door at Def Coordinator. All of that is Payton. What makes him a great play caller doesn't translate to managing a franchise. He is an emotional decision maker and that's not what we need moving forward.

We are not on the verge of the Playoffs or contending for a Super Bowl and only the biggest of the biggest homers would say that they can see us being on the right track at this point.

Ownership should have blown this thing up during the offseason that we walked Jenkins , Sproles, Graham and Hicks.

We have to make a change at the top of this organization to keep up ..

Every draft is lucky if it's good unlucky if it's bad, every FA signing the same way. Nothing is guaranteed. Some people want to take away credit where it's due because they don't like the person there trying to discredit, which is obviously what you're doing right now.

Next year is the make or break year for me. We finally won't be in salary cap hell to start free agency. By the time they restructure a few contracts and release players we'll have around $30mil. The past few years due to tons of dead money we were always up against the cap.

Brees has a few good years left. The window is still open and they're gonna go all in to try it again.

Go Saints

OP how can you not think this team is better and getting better? We lost to one of the best teams in the NFL today, dude. It's not like we were playing Cleveland. ATL is a damn good football team this year with two great RB's and one of the best WR's in the game.

Don't over react. I swear, we win one and we are going to the Super Bowl, we lose one and we are the worst team to ever take the field.:idunno:

Until this coach understands defense and how to evaluate talent this franchise will remain average at best.

SP is one of the highest paid coaches, yet the past 5 years speak for themselves

It's been bad drafts and worse fa decisions that have doomed this team for years. I've bee critical for years about this. Some of you are just finally coming around to it. But this past offseason was our best by far since 2006, which we have lived off of for almost ten years.

SP isn't going anywhere this year. 2017 is most likely make or break. I think we'll do great next year.

Except for the time he did, you mean, ushering in the most successful decade in franchise history. Did you become a fan in the last three years or something?

I just wish coach p had the desire and fire he once had.
No mercy mentality

So what event happened after that season? I could see if you would've said the bounty season while he was off a year.

Idk.....changed our defense back to 4-3, greenbrier, lost control of his locker room???? I'm just spitballing here.
He's clearly not the same coach. No fire, no swag, no angry puckered lips (with the scowl) we were accustomed to seeing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom