SP controls player personnel and he can't rebuild a franchise (1 Viewer)

Idk.....changed our defense back to 4-3, greenbrier, lost control of his locker room???? I'm just spitballing here.
He's clearly not the same coach. No fire, no swag, no angry puckered lips (with the scowl) we were accustomed to seeing.

"I don't know, he just did, OK?!?"

Next year is the make or break year for me. We finally won't be in salary cap hell to start free agency. By the time they restructure a few contracts and release players we'll have around $30mil. The past few years due to tons of dead money we were always up against the cap.

Brees has a few good years left. The window is still open and they're gonna go all in to try it again.

Go Saints

They can't pick players and put a team together. $30 mil ?? What good does that do ? Fleener , Gallette , Byrd , Browner , Etc etc etc

Except for the time he did, you mean, ushering in the most successful decade in franchise history. Did you become a fan in the last three years or something?

I've been a fan my whole life.

I said only the biggest of the biggest homers won't admit where we are. He's not the same guy Anyone can see it.

OP how can you not think this team is better and getting better? We lost to one of the best teams in the NFL today, dude. It's not like we were playing Cleveland. ATL is a damn good football team this year with two great RB's and one of the best WR's in the game.

Don't over react. I swear, we win one and we are going to the Super Bowl, we lose one and we are the worst team to ever take the field.:idunno:

We were that team. Just a few years ago. Atlanta fired their most successful coach ever to go get Quinn and use what he learned in Seattle to build a team. We need to do something similar.

In 2011 we had the best roster in Football. We mismanaged draft after draft. Squandered picks made reckless emotional moved in the draft ( SJB is an example ) and in Free Agency and eventually ran our team into the ruins.

All this while we had a 1st ballot Hall of Fame Quarterback under center. We should have been a dynasty.
Green Bay , New England , Pittsburgh, Seattle reloads year after year We have had losing seasons in 4 of the last 5 years with Bree's at QB

Wake up

I've been a fan my whole life.

I said only the biggest of the biggest homers won't admit where we are. He's not the same guy Anyone can see it.

That's called Begging the question, ladies and gentlemen.

Attachments

• 3c8.jpg
    3c8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 64
Keep Payton. Take away his checkbook during free agency.

"SP controls player personnel" How do you know this? IMHO in a Tom Benson run organization there is one head man who runs the company, like in his Auto Dealerships, and that man is Loomis. Loomis and Payton have a good relationship and maybe he listens to SP 100% but trust me Loomis has the final say.

So what event happened after that season? I could see if you would've said the bounty season while he was off a year.
He made bad decisions, threw money at the wrong people, stuck with the same inept coaches while going after new ones that were equally inept, 3 straight losing seasons...The usual.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

"SP controls player personnel" How do you know this? IMHO in a Tom Benson run organization there is one head man who runs the company, like in his Auto Dealerships, and that man is Loomis. Loomis and Payton have a good relationship and maybe he listens to SP 100% but trust me Loomis has the final say.

I'm going to spare myself the heartburn of "how I know ". He picked the players , the FA we signed , the whole boat.

It's a mute point. He won't be back next year anyway. He should have left last year but the job he wanted wasn't out there.

He lost it in a week?

No elite qb is going to let Brees sit on his *** for half and allow the defense to hold him to 10 points. That's not what elite QBs do or winners. Hell, we held the colts to 10 in the first half in the sb but offense did nothing but kick two Fgs. But at least we were on the field for more than two minutes. How do you expect a defense to grow when it's always on the field early in games?

Except for the time he did, you mean, ushering in the most successful decade in franchise history. Did you become a fan in the last three years or something?

You don't compare them to other teams. I do. I care if Atlanta wins a sb. The saints are not to me just about winning for their franchise it's about Brees and the message he sent originally to the elites and he has since 2011 regressed from when he was close to overtaking Brady and Manning. He was CLOSE to solidifying 2nd best to Rodgers. It aint just about this organization to me it's about Brees and not letting Atlanta and Carolina catch him in rings. And Payton for someone who compares himself to BB doesn't win like him. So he's a good coach to help us be as relevant as possible but not good enough to ever rival the other elite teams and make a case that he's a better coach than Carroll, BB, Kubiak, Del Rio, Reid, McCarthy, Garrett.

Whoever is making decisions like signing Browner Champ Bailey Byrd Spiller Laurinaitis and Fleener (not worth the contract he looks frightened out there at times) needs to go. Whether its Payton or Loomis and I have a hunch it's Payton.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom