Article SP to Butcher: “Worry about your meat.” Lol (1 Viewer)

Worrying about our own meat is actually what we need to do. Clean up our own game and the rest will take care of itself. This is a very beatable Colts team, at home, on MNF. If there's one time the Saints seem to play their best football, it's nationally televised prime time games. I really think we're going to have a big bounce back game and hopefully build on it for the rest of this run.

So there you have it. The defense lines up WRONG and yet it creates an extra player where he should have NOT been.

That's indicative of the luck San Fran had on Sunday. And to win games like these, you need a break or 3 to go your way.

I believe Ive Been in a good-sized minority when saying that I was fine with the play call. I like being aggressive there. Especially up 13. Bottom line is, Sean is a genius if we get the 2 points, or we get what we see now because it failed.

Outcoached and he knows it. Which whole foods uptown or veterans?
Even the best coaches make mistakes. Didn’t BB go for a 4th down against Manning and the Colts deep in his own territory? Carrol was heavily criticized for throwing on the goal line in the SB instead of running Lynch. I stand by the idea of being aggressive.

This is one time I disagree with Coach. We lost by 2. If we had went for the extra point, we would only have been down by 1. We would not have had to go for the 2 later, and that would have been a tie. OT. Wrong call by coach that early in the game.

actually I am more surprised at the rest of his answer. Very open about his thought process where he didn't have to be. I am impressed.

“It was two things,” Payton explained. “I love the play and it didn’t help they missed the line, but there was a personal foul so we can take the kick at the 50. And you can think about pinning them back. You can think even about an onside kick at the 50 or this year they’ll allow you to go and assess it on the two-point play. So instead of running a two-point play on the 2, we’re now on the 1. I knew exactly what we wanted to get to. It was a play we felt real good with. We’re on the 1-yard line. I’ve always been more conservative and never really looked at that chart until the second half. So it was really more about the penalty and the ability for us to run a play from the 1-yard line. The safety lines up on the wrong side of the ball. We send the motion and all of a sudden we’re going into an extra man. But mainly that decision was on the personal foul and getting the ball on the 1 rather than the 2-yard line.”

"I believe you are in league with the butcher".

This is one time I disagree with Coach. We lost by 2. If we had went for the extra point, we would only have been down by 1. We would not have had to go for the 2 later, and that would have been a tie. OT. Wrong call by coach that early in the game.

Although I agree with you David on this one, and I didn't like them going for two, I still like the aggressive approach of Sean Payton.

And when you think about it, Shanahan played it the same way. He is fortunate all those trick plays went well on the first half. When they became predictable, our defence started to get better (minus the last play).

Since our Super Bowl I thought that there are coaches that play to win, and for that I mean that they try to influence the momentum of the game. Others just follow the flow .

When these plays work, coaches are regarded as genius. When they don't, they are thrown to the plank.

I better have Payton, Shanahan, Peterson then others that won't commit to make a hard decision, in order to win a game.

Even when I am constantly frustrated at game time.

The biggest scandal about this is that Coach shops at Whole Foods. Thoroughly disappointed.

But if you get the 2, you potentually put your opponent in a tough position. We can play this game all day. but the fact is, SP had faith in his offense. He gambled. If it worked, he’s a genius. He lost that round. Its frustrating. But I don’t want him to change his aggressive coaching. That aggressiveness won us a SB because of an onside kick, plus many other games by going in it, and succeeding at 4th and short.

He went for two because he thought he could get it. I didn't mind before or after. We do need to be either a power up the gut animal or a unpredictable one. We are a little to stale on those right now unfortunately.

But if we score 46 we should win every single game , this one is on the defense.

It's much easier to call plays through hindsight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom